Author Topic: Our final goodbye  (Read 2969 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Our final goodbye
« on: March 21, 2004, 22:47:18 »
At 4.30am this morning, my mums wee bijon frisse, Kizzie, finally gave up strolling on this mortal coil after 16 long years of being spoilt rotten.   :'( She had had a full life and was blind, deaf, and struggling to walk and within the last week had really gone down hill.  Mum had come over to stay with us for the weekend and Kizzie, as usual, had come to play, and she had spent a great day on Saturday with all of the kids.  They all said goodnight to her, and mum and I sensed she wouldn't be there in the morning.  Mum and I sat with her stroking her as she eventually slipped away.  

Sleep easy Kizzie.

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re:Our final goodbye
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 23:59:11 »
AAAAWWWWWW EJ how sad.

At least she had the people she loved beside her when she passed on.
I know how you  both must be feeling as I still can't say that I'm finally over the death of my beloved old "Blue."

I hated it when people said "Och well it was only a dog after all, not one of your family, just buy another one." It really made me sooooo angry  >:( Dogs are part of the family for goodness sake aren't they?

My condolances to you, your Mum and  to your children.

Love Eileen. :(

Rest in peace little Kizzie.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 09:51:45 »
Oh EJ how sad - I had a lump in my throat reading your message.  Sounds as if Kizzie had a wonderful life.  I do hope the children aren't too upset.  Have been through it quite a number of times myself and it never gets any easier.

RIP Kizzie :-* :-*
Happy gardening all...........Pat

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 10:20:31 »
RIP Kizzie.

hugs to you, mum and family.
gone to pot :D

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 13:01:19 »
EJ , I am so sorry to hear about Kizzie.  It is such a loss even though Kizzie had a long and happy life and was much loved, It is a very painful thing to cope with.  Lots of love to all of you. busy_lizzie  :(
live your days not count your years

Ozzy aka Pothead

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 13:32:55 »
Yo EJ

Big respect to you and so sad to hear about your loss............. its nice the children got to say their goodbyes and you are setting such a beautiful example to them.... really does touch deep within....... and Kizzie did not pass alone...... you and your mum were with her.... and I really do take my hat off to yo EJ......

Oz

xxxxx

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 18:28:06 »
How sad Emma.  Our pets are such a precious addition to our lives and hold a special place in our hearts.  She will always be alive and well there.  (Shed a little tear, but promise you  wont tell anyone) Still think of all our girls over the years and can cry at the drop of a hat.Miss them all still.  Thinking of you. :-*
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Colin_Bellamy-Wood

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 18:58:14 »
Emma Jane, I like to believe that our pets go to the same heaven as we do, and that when it is our turn to go,we will all be re-united.   Whether t'is true or not, I don't care.   What it means to me is that when it is my turn to go, we will be re-united, which gives me the power to welcome, rather than dread, my own death.   Doesn't that sound dreadful, but I have my reasons.
Every best wish, Colin.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2004, 13:26:05 »
No Colin, it doesn't sound dreadful at all.  I don't believe in reincarnation and the such, however, I like to think my dad is drifting around somewhere and as Kizzie was struggling between life and death I told her to go find daddy, and you know, she went!  Flipping animals.......part of the darn family....we get far to attached to them....she was around for almost half of my life and you take them for granted.  I felt worse for mum, she went home today without kizzie, back to an empty house, well, empty-ish.....she still has her miserable african grey parrot.  Thanks for all of your kind words and thoughts, yous lot are magic!

SueT

• Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2004, 23:45:21 »
Oh gawd EJ what can I say?  Feel very weepy reading your message, Kizzie had a lovely life though  :'(
Sue

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2004, 18:16:32 »
Sorry to hear the news EJ.  The loss of a beloved pet is always hard.

I know that it will be so for me when our cat Sooty leaves us. She is in her high teens now and whilst still going strong, she has of course far less time ahead of her than behind.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal