Author Topic: Reporting Lily Beetle?  (Read 1308 times)

robynsgarden

• Not So New ...
Reporting Lily Beetle?
« on: June 18, 2006, 17:39:06 »
Hi,

I've just posted this as a reply to a query already on about lily beetles but then decided that I really should make a post myself.

I've just joined to get some info about Lily Beetles. I live in Chorley in Lancashire and have found them in my garden. We have removed our much munched lily and squished all the beetles on that plant and boiled all of the eggs and larvae which we found on the other plants. I read that they bury theirselves in the soil for up to 2 weeks after the 'poo' stage and so have been having a dig around looking for them. I hope that if I keep checking I'll catch any remaining beetles before they do any more damage to my remaining lillies.

My mum said that she thought that as they seem to be spreading northwards and we are fairly far north that I should report it. Should I? Who do I report it to? 

Thanks

Columbus

• Hectare
    • A Duel of Delight and Desperation Index page
Re: Reporting Lily Beetle?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 20:57:51 »
... I am warmed by winter sun and by the light in your eyes.
I am refreshed by the rain and the dew
And by thoughts of you...

robynsgarden

• Not So New ...
Re: Reporting Lily Beetle?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 18:30:29 »
Thankyou

I called them and they gave me the number of the local DEFRA inspector who is going to come and look at the plants. He said that I should capture anymore beatles that I see and save them for his visit!!!

Robyn

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal