Author Topic: Rain Dance....PLEASE  (Read 5764 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: Rain Dance....PLEASE
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2006, 23:48:55 »
Lish  ;D ;D ;DCould have done with one to get up some of the hills/slopes at Blackgang Chine!!!!

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2006, 14:41:33 »
Well i think someone mustve done a rain dance down here today. We've had steady rain on and off since about 1030 this morning.

Or maybe it was me who did the rain dance last night? I did do a pretty thorough watering last night and topped up a couple of my waterbutts from the tap as well (for convenience in a large garden you understand).

Did not imagine in the slightest that there would be so much rain today (if any).

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2006, 18:26:43 »
Still

b***dy well

dancing, now my dogs are really barking !!!!
Smile, it confuses people.

cookie

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2006, 19:02:36 »
Still dancing  here in Somerset!! No rain to speak of for weeks, the lottie is l so dry, and our buts are now empty. We have about 20 assorted pots and tubs in our work garden, so we are having to use the hosepipe. No ban here thank god .

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2006, 20:32:11 »
hot sun out here all day, visiting kids playing in the sprinkler, home grown broadies with a lovely beef roast, good England score, life is just great atm .... i'll remind myself i said that when it's pishing down next week with zub zero wind factors !

8)
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

cookie

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2006, 21:08:58 »
We have rain!!! the dance worked :) :)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2006, 21:33:09 »
Started to drizzle an hour ago whilst I was in the garden picking strawberries.  Pounds of them!  Fabaroonee!  Then spotted something growing out of my compost heap, and what do you know, a grape vine!  Could it have come from a stray pip?  Anyhow, I carefully oiked him out and planted him in a nice pot and now the shrubby little vine is sitting in the drizzle on the deck!  Want to go to the plot tomoz, this rain is just perfect! ;D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2006, 22:30:45 »
Glad it's been a good day for you and your sprinkler MrsKP  8).I wish you many more...... ;D ;D ;D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2006, 06:09:40 »
sounds like most of us got what we were dancing for !!!

long may it continue  ;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Petera

• Not So New ...
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2006, 09:11:55 »
Still raining here in Salisbury. Soon be moaning the soil is too wet. ;D

dandelion

• Hectare
    • An Vrombaut
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2006, 09:17:47 »
Raining here in London too ;D! Just wished I hadn't hung the washing out last night... :-\

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2006, 10:03:12 »
Rained slowely all night.  Yippee!  Mind you, won't go to the allotment today, I will let this precious moisture fill my pea pods and fatten my strawberries.  Tomorrow I am off to have school dinner with number one son, so will pop up after lunch for a harvest.  Hoorah again!

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2006, 10:09:22 »
Of course it may not of been our rain dances that caused all this rain at all, but a certain famous tennis tournament starting today in SW1 London!

dandelion

• Hectare
    • An Vrombaut
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2006, 10:13:07 »
;D ;D ;D

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2006, 10:22:15 »
Right with you on that one, GC. I was about to say the same myself!

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2006, 10:50:41 »
I live about halfway between Newbury and Didcot - just been into Newbury then back to work (in Didcot). Its raining loads in Newbury and loads in Didcot - but bone dry in my village  >:(
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2006, 10:52:21 »
Metcheck has been promising us rain for weeks, but it never seems to materialise. Even when it's supposed to rain on the day (I ignore long-distance forecasts) it still doesn't happen.

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2006, 15:54:26 »
Yes robert, Metcheck - usually so good - hasn't been on the spot for a good month now :(

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2006, 16:01:28 »
Okay, stop dancing now Essex folk.  We have had nice steady drizzle in my little bit all day, and my water butts are now full.  I was hoping to get to the allotment this afternoon, but didn't, and am hoping to go on Wednesday now I have the day off.  Plus there are loads and loads of ripe strawbs in the garden to pick and I really want to before the slugs attack!  (Picked 4 pound yesterday!)  My grass seed on the lawn is well watered in, and my newly sown kale in modules has been watered thank you.  Now some sun to get everything really growing!

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2006, 16:55:06 »
Oi EJ, drizzled on and off here today (a little further down than you),butts nearly full, so I can't stop dancing quite yet, but I am slowing down now  ;D
Lots to do on my plottie, hope to chacha cha up there tomorrow. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal