Author Topic: A real bargain at the tip!!  (Read 3318 times)

Chocolate

• Half Acre
A real bargain at the tip!!
« on: June 15, 2006, 20:07:38 »
On a visit to the local tip recently I noticed a huge barrel full of gardening tools. All of them were of good quality and years of wear in them. The sign on the barrel was one pound any item. Cant be bad, the last time I pay a fortune for something that lasts five minutes!!

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
Re: A real bargain at the tip!!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 21:14:40 »
well done - right place at the right time eh.  I love old tools, shame they can't whisper their life history to you, I bet it would be fascinating.

Arumlily

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 22:27:40 »
A real bargain indeed! Knowing me I would probably have bought the whole barrel of tools. I just loved well used tools. Now I must find an excuse to visit our tip.

Chocolate

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 14:22:07 »
I know what you mean about old tools, they must have had such nice people using them or they wouldn't have been gardeners!! The older ones are always so solid, know plastic hand tools that will be in the bin after six months. Apparently the tools bin is there all the time so I will be able to go to the tip just for a dig in the bin when ever I want to!!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 18:43:54 »
If you ever come across a fork actually desisgned for a 6'+ bloke let me know, OH bought me a Draper extra long fork off the Net and it was no longer than my own. Wilkinson Sword did one a few years ago but as usual I broke it... It now has two prongs and I use it to remove Dandelions etc in akward places. Just name your price!!!!!
 ;D

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 20:29:50 »
I want one of those fabulous potato forks that Emma-Jane's OH got earlier in the year

Chocolate

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 21:46:37 »
I'll take the list next time I go now what was it ......... long handled fork ,'tatoe digger that I'v not heard of  ??? The chap will think I'm nuts with my head in the bottom of the barrel  :D   I'll tell him its all in a good cause!! ::)

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 00:08:37 »
If you ever come across a fork actually desisgned for a 6'+ bloke let me know, OH bought me a Draper extra long fork off the Net and it was no longer than my own. Wilkinson Sword did one a few years ago but as usual I broke it... It now has two prongs and I use it to remove Dandelions etc in akward places. Just name your price!!!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0001GRPVK/202-5531718-6695856?v=glance&n=11052651

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal