Author Topic: Greenhouse size?  (Read 1806 times)

becs

• Quarter Acre
Greenhouse size?
« on: June 07, 2006, 11:15:23 »
I have a space 7ft x 5ft which is the only place I can find in our small backgarden to have a greenhouse. I have worked out that the biggest greenhouse I can to sit that space would be 6ft x 4ft.  Might sound a daft question but is that size greenhouse useable? It seems really small when I measured it out (and I know... I will always want a bigger one!!)  Have been offered a free greenhouse which I don't want to turn down but it is too big... could it be "altered" to fit my space?

Would I be better off doing something else with this space? (It is concreted unfortunately and bordered on 2 sides by house/fence).

any thoughts??

thanks Becs   :)

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: Greenhouse size?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 11:55:23 »
Better than nothing at all. The smaller the greenhouse the more important ventilation becomes.
If you are at all handy you can reduce a greenhouse section by section quite easily. The sections are usually 2 feet wide so an 8ft can be made to 6 feet,  changing the width is a lot more difficult though.
Gardening is the great leveller.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 12:50:06 »
I agree with Pals any greenhouse is better than nothing, I wouldn't try to alter one though. Once you get one you will need more! Room on the allotment?
 :)

becs

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 16:07:45 »
ok...  will have to  measure up the free one otherwise will get hunting in the free ads  :)  Can't have one at the lottie as we are not allowed greenhouses or sheds or suchlike  :(

thank you!  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal