Author Topic: Asbo foxes  (Read 1652 times)

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
Asbo foxes
« on: December 01, 2006, 00:31:51 »
I've mentioned before that we have asbo foxes on our lottie -- cutie as anything but v fond of playing catch-and-kill with carefully stored bags of autumn leaves...

Well two of them just hared past my feet outside the house: I was putting some rubbish out, and they raced by chasing each other and yip-yipping as they jumped on bins and scooted through gardens (and hedges  ::)  )

I know urban foxes are a pest and all that...

But they were having such fun  ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Asbo foxes
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 10:10:23 »
 ;D ;D ;D

You gonna wrap up an extra-smelly trainer for them for Christmas?

tim k

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 10:14:08 »
there used to be a den in woods at the back of my last house, I used to sit still about 20' from the den in some old camoflage trousers and a shirt and watch the cubs playing for hours.

great to watch

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 12:08:04 »
Agreed!

Sad to see, tho, when they succumb to mange :'(

Just wish I could get so fond of those bl**dy squirrels >:(

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 14:00:58 »
A great guy called Levi took over a plot early this Summer. I saw him this morning though and he seemed a bit distressed ... poor thing!

LEVI: "Trix, I've been trying to get hold of the Secretary but the phone's off. People are stealing things from my allotment, I want to swap to another one. I'm being targetted. Can you help me?"

ME: "What sort of things are being stolen Levi? I'll see what I can do."

LEVI: "Gardening gloves. I've had 3 pairs disappear over the last week. I set a trap the other day ... left one pair on the workbench outside and HID my other pairs in the shed. The ones on the workbench went missing."

ME: (Wondering how that could possibly constitute a 'trap' but keeping an open mind) "Anything else gone missing? Tools or anything like that?"

LEVI: "No. Just the gloves"

ME: "It's a fox Levi! They pinch things like that. They pinch shoes, gloves etc. One even pinched a mobile phone and the Treasurer's bag with her dinner in it, the Allotment Society cheque-book and the petty cash tin"

At that very moment, just as Levi's eyes went WIDE in disbelief, a fox appeared at the top of the allotment avenue with a carrier bag in its mouth  - probably full of someone's shopping!

We breed VERY delinquent foxes in our neck of the 'inner-city' woods!  ;D And I love 'em!
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 15:35:06 »
Um - yes! - i've got 'em too!

As my plot had been empty and overgrown - I think they see it as more theirs than mine!

So everything's going in the shed at night!

Louise
Grow yer bugger grow!

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 18:00:12 »
Earlier this summer, Small Triff and I were picking stuff on the lottie, and the resident fox snuck past us through the long grass in the adjacent (empty) plot.

He skirted behind the shed and emerged with the carrier I'd already filled in his mouth (beans etc thankfully all in plastic bags and boxes!) and backed off up the two turf steps onto the main path.

He was halfway down the path to the entrance by the time I caught up with him, yelling (I kid you not) 'Stop! Put that down!' -- couldn't really say anything more forceful with Small Triff in earshot!

I practically had to rugby-tackle him to retrieve the bag  ;D ;D

He's given me a wide berth since then!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal