Author Topic: the bug dig  (Read 2400 times)

plimsoll plot

• Not So New ...
the bug dig
« on: May 28, 2006, 17:07:14 »
???

ok! ok! ok! THE BIG DIG was back on TV today (sunday 28th may) so BBC were was the TV adversiment about it  being back on or was it and i blinked and missed it.

am not impressed as to the time its on either 10 am oh please we are all done the plot working why not late afternoon or late at nght ???? >:( >:(

:'( :'( :'([/shadow]

plimsoll plot

• Not So New ...
Re: the bug dig
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 17:11:26 »
sorry about the above spelling but i was so mad when i typed it :P ;)[/glow]

plimsoll plot

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 17:11:41 »
sorry about the above spelling but i was so mad when i typed it :P ;)[/glow]

tabbycat

• Half Acre
  • Woking, Surrey
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 18:26:22 »
I think it was on - I set a reminder on my TV yesterday night & then realised I myself would be on my plot, big digging for real!

You're right - stupid time to show it. Shows that the schedule people at the BBC have no idea what the target audiance of the programme are likely to be doing on a Sunday morning!

I asked my Dad to record it for me, so hopefully will get to watch it at some point.

Tabbycat

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 18:34:36 »
 >:(

Set the vid...all that was on it was some daft sport thing. The Big Dig not deemed appropriate viewing for us in the North West apparently.

I AM SO ANGRY

>:(

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 21:06:42 »
It was on here in Brum but I'd already seen the first episode last year and saw the second one too, then it was binned >:( wonder if they will do the same again ::)

The timing is just right for me as I do all my household chores then, that leaves me all afternoon and early evening to plotty ;D

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 22:17:52 »
It was on in the Central region.  Watched it and enjoyed it, the spent went down to my lottie until this evening.  I am pleased I didn't have to wait 10 years for a plot...

And come on Welsh ladies - start populating your allotments; those men need to have a bit more competition  ;D

It was good to "meet" the radio 2 allotment guy  :D

mat

sazhig

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 23:59:44 »
Watched it here in Warwickshire - really interesting - thanks to whoever it was who first posted about it - I wouldnt have noticed it in the Radio Times  ;D. It was lovely weather today & it wouldve been nice to go & do some work down on my lotty but I cant do anything until the strimmer is delivered on Tuesday (typical Argos >:() so had a lazy brunch watching that & then went up to HDRA at Ryton & looked at all their fruit & veg ;D

Saz

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 19:39:13 »
Watched the first couple of episodes last time but still watched it again - on principle in case the Beeb thinks we aren't bothererd about it!  Time not ideal so we delayed going down to the lottie (again on principle!) but as the weather improves we will have to record it.  Just glad it's back anyway and I really hope it does get good viewing figures
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 23:46:08 »
 ??? When is it on again ??? as Simon Mayo said on Sunday "tune in tomorrow" but we got nothing here today ::) will it be a Sunday only prog anyone know? ???

DenBee

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 23:53:41 »
I looked it up because of him saying that.

It's a 10 week programme, every Sunday, 10am.

I did enjoy it, I must admit.  It's interesting to see other people's experiences of doing what I'm doing.  And their motivations too.  From just getting out of the house to growing "biodynamically".
Tread softly, for you tread on my greens.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 00:20:56 »
 ;) Thanks for that DenBee :) I was wondering if that was the case and hope that this time it will run the full course. Fingers crossed. ::)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 13:22:23 »
I taped it and watched it last night; it's an improvement on the standard gardening fare. No pesonalities hopping about wanting all the attention either.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal