Author Topic: Another step forward.  (Read 1527 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Another step forward.
« on: May 25, 2006, 11:51:29 »
At 7am this morning I was just about to let Elsa out  in to the garden (I have a covered porch just outside the back door) and through the porch window what did I see? The most beautiful bluetit sitting on my fence!! I never realised just how brilliant the colours are. Unfortunately Elsa had her legs crossed so had to open the door. I did see him/her fly back across the garden few minutes later. At least it proves they are nearby. I am seriously thinking of swapping round my bedroom and dining room. Ihave to spend the next couple of days in the dining room sorting out son's Vat. The dining room is unfortunately in the front of the bungalow whereas if it was in the back I could keep an eye on the feeders and back garden all day ;D I am excited.
Lorna

Niamh

• Not So New ...
Re: Another step forward.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 13:33:04 »
I still get excited when I see a robin! Love the most common birds the most. Do you have feeders set up near the windows? I'd never get any work done, would spend the day watching their comings and goings!

Niamh

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 16:30:20 »
Niahm. My feeding station that the son made me is standing on my small back garden lawn. I can see it from either my kitchen window or bedroom window. Yes I do spend a lot of time just watching from the kitchen but as I am retired and only have myself to please I can just keep watching and hoping that more birds will visit ;D Great new hobby :)

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 18:39:18 »
That's good news Lorna, seeing a bluetit in your garden.    ;D  It seems a good idea swapping over your bedroom and having the dining room at the back.  You could put the table up in one corner until you have company and put a comfy armchair in there so you can watch them with your feet up.  Aah, I've just had a thought, maybe the windows are too high for you to see out.   :(

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 19:17:50 »
Pauline He/she was just beautiful. Picked Joshua up from school and said "Guess what was in the garden today?"  He answered I bet it was a bluetit Nan!! Haven't seen any signs today but have been stuck in the dining room doing accounts (which I love doing). My windows are low enought for me to sit in comfort and WATCH. Grief when would I get anything done? ::) ;D Bad enough standing at kitchen window. ;D Just thought if I ever take the big step to change rooms around I can put Charlie's rise and recline chair in there ;D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 20:17:10 »
i think you should lorna.  time well spent in my opinion.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal