Author Topic: escapee!  (Read 1571 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
escapee!
« on: May 24, 2006, 22:55:43 »
Bl**dy hamsters!!  After the second big litter of pups we decided enough was enough so now all three have seperate little houses.  In these houses are lots of removable plugs so you can add accessories like wheels and so on.  Well, daddy number 2 decided last night that he wanted an adventure, so he opened his spinach, gulped it down until his muscles were huge, and shoved his way through one of the plugs!  This morning, at 7.30am, the kids and my darling are all on their hands and knees looking in all the darkest corners of the house for the little critter.  He was spotted with his backpack heading behind the fish tank in the lounge at around 8am.  Thankfully, he forgot to pack any food in his luggage so he was a touch peckish and one of the kids cookie crisp breakfast cerial was to much of a temptation and he waddled out, waving the white flag, and was quickly sent to Coventry.  Needless to say all the plugs are now taped up and the rodents have all received a written warning informing them that if adventure is on their minds, to speak to the Govenor and she will let them roam free in their exercise balls for as long as they like!  ;D

tabbycat

• Half Acre
  • Woking, Surrey
Re: escapee!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 22:20:40 »
My friend's hamster did exactly the same to the plugs on her house. She didn't go far though - Penny the collie dog is shut in the kitchen at night, so Cookie the hamster spent hours cowering behind the radiator out of reach of a very curious canine!

My friend came down in the morning to find that Penny had grazed her nose on the edge of the radiator in her eagerness to try and "round-up" the escapee. ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 01:31:51 »
EJ. Oh Boy you younger members bring back so many memories , or at least to me you do, as to the times when I have lived through these going ons ;D ;D With four kids it seemed never ending ;D ;D Your post really made me smile.

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 16:07:03 »
oh sorry to laugh but that reminds me of when my girls let the two snakes out (i left the key in reach ) i found the little one in the wash basket and the big one well  three days later he came out of the sub woffer for the dvd player  only coz it was feeding time  needless to say we didint sleep much thoses three days incase we woke up with a snake in our bed  ;D ;D

Gadfium

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 16:51:59 »
I'm glad he's back safe and sound!

Someone's hampster did a runner. It took two days to find it. She came back from work to find the cat had corralled it in the bath.

ALIVE!

:o

Then the cat got neutered. The hampster escaped, again. She found the hampster comfortably settled on the (woozy) cat's head.... and has the photo to prove it. I thought she was having me on. Nope.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal