Author Topic: What did we all do instead of surfing A4A last night  (Read 8077 times)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
What did we all do instead of surfing A4A last night
« on: May 24, 2006, 07:34:27 »
watched BB .........obviously.  Shab was just a fud and the programme controllers obviously couldn't take a chance he wasn't gonna blow the whole gaff wide open.  it will be quieter without him but hopefully they'll all target each other now and not an individual  8)

AND i found a wonderful book that has been on my shelf for months ... Jekka's complete herb book by Jekka McVicar.  did you know you can actually USE horsetail as a nail strengthener and hair conditioner.

will have to start saving the weedlings now  :P

glad to be back.
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

MonsterMum

• Half Acre
Re: What did we all do instead of surfing A4A last night
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 07:45:42 »
I spent far too much money on allotment supplies!  I bought some more seed trays and a new book and looked at how many more seeds I would like, my OH thinks I should set up HA (Horticulturalists Anonymous)- and watched BB of course!

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 07:50:23 »
Isn't it anoying A4All was down again.

I spent the time having a nap (work was hard yesterday) then watching BB and Lost

I haven't watched BB since the very first series, but decided to try it again this series.  I don't know what you mean by "fud" but Shaz was intollerable - very immature. He also has a huge self esteem and depression problem.  Nicki is a complete baby/winger (why don't the others realise?) and I cannot stand her. Caesar (spelling wrong) thinks too much of himself as though he is gods gift to women - yuck! though he is more normal!  and Richard was obviously threatened by Shaz being another Gay (come on, we don't liken all straight people, so why would we with gays?) so wanted him out!!!  Shaz has taken so much program time so far that I don't really know much about the others yet. 
Other than Shaz, they do seem a fairly "normal" bunch this time...

mat
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 07:57:47 by mat »

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 08:09:22 »
fud = f*kw*t = idiot

and obviously stepped too close to the lunacy boundaries for the controllers to feel safe with.

my top three

Pete (such a kind gentle soul)
Lisa (bit manic just like someone else i know  8)
Glyn (hope he loosens up if he's given half the chance).

Must go, and go soon

Nikki (so dreadful)
Geezer or is that Sezer (will he PLEASE put Imogen down and would Imogen PLEASE stop playing right into his grubby mitts).
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

sazhig

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 17:09:45 »
Read my "Beds" book that I ordered off ebay ;D

Saz

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 17:39:07 »
Had the outlaws round for supper.  Spicy sausage casserole with mashed tatties and freshly steamed chard. Rhubarb crumble and custard for pud!  ;D 

Don't watch BB, never have, never really understood the entertainment value in it - maybe I am just a saddo.  :-\  Checked emails, browsed ebay, posted in Gardenstew, chatted with a chum  ;), and had an early night.

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 17:51:12 »
Sketched out yet another version of wallace/gromit tomato/melon support for the greenouse
Scrubbed out 30 preserving jars donated by a kind A4a-er til they were gleaming beauties.
Investigated local non-cyber amusements (online) - made contact with scrabble and gospel singing groups. Planning ahead for winter sports ;)
Chatted to cyberchums on msn and put the world to rights
Watched double bill of CSI until 11 8) ;D
To bed, hoping to wake up and find it was all a bad dream ::)

posted in Gardenstew

What is Gardenstew e-j?

What did you think of it, saz?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 17:57:51 by supersprout »

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 17:53:54 »
Planted my tomato plants up the plot - lesser of two evils really - they were looking rather sad in their too-small pots - they are well hardened off so hope they'll be ok.  Just managed to get them in and half a bed weeded before the rain fell - again!!  So went home to.....

Watch the David Beckham interview and try and get into my book - "We need to talk about Kevin" - anyone read it - should I persevere - only got four chapters in...... :-\

Off tonight to see Blood Brothers with daughter no. 1 who needs to see a live performance to evaluate in her AS drama exam.
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 17:58:49 »
EJ your not a saddo, i would sooner watch a fire go out, like you i think there is no entertainment in such a show never have i have never seen it only heard about it that is enough.

Amanda BLOOD BROTHERS is so good , i want to go see it again.
What did i do last night watched David Beckham, then had a nice long read. ;D ;D ;D

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 18:05:27 »
Erm... I'm actually a bit embarrassed here cos I don't know what BB stands for? :-[
What did I do? Recovered from a fairly foul "training" day. Tempted to say more but it doesn't merit it except that mild-mannered me came home screaming with rage. >:(

So I spent some quality time with eldest son, read the newspaper, browsed in Joy Larkcom and went on to Bob Flowerdew who fell from my hand as I slept. When Peter arrived back from taking some old folk to Peebles for high tea (Rotary outing) I woke up long enough to chat, drink a glass of red wine and go to bed.

sazhig

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 18:11:52 »

What did you think of it, saz?

Very good. Things are starting to make a lot more sense now! I read it outloud to DH a well so he is up to speed! Even though technically he is my 'hired help' for the allotment & so I have the final say about it he still thinks he knows better than me & he did think I was talking out of my a**e about plant spacing & beds systems being different than planting in rows on an open plot  ::)so it ha been very useful from that point of view. It summerised digging & not digging quite well as well.

Saz

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 18:25:35 »
grawrc, sorry, BB stands for Big Brother.  Sorry you had such a poop days with the training.

Supersprout, www.gardenstew.co.uk, another gardening site I venture in to.

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 18:26:39 »
Thank you both! Now I can sleep ;) :-*

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 19:24:30 »
Ouch! Thanks Em.

When I did my first year French course at Uni that kind of thing was described as voyeurism - a kind of vicarious living by observing other people's life experiences rather than doing it yourself?

I decided I wasn't in to that at the young age of 17 and so have never got to the stage of intimacy where I could call Big Brother "BB". I've never watched it actually because - with respect for others who see things differently - I find the whole concept singularly distasteful. An assembly of voyeurs and exhibitionists?

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 19:25:24 »
watched BB and Lost ... THOUGHT about grouting the tiles in the kitchen and cleaning the bathroom (its the thought that counts isn't it ?).

Flicked through the latest 'the book people' leaflet - noticed they have 'Allotment Gardening' by Susan Berger on special offer for £3.99 instead of £9.95 ..

read a few more pages of 'Angels & Demons' (the prequel to the da vinci code)

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 19:38:32 »
THOUGHT about grouting the tiles in the kitchen and cleaning the bathroom

hey, that's called PLANNING ;D ;D ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 20:18:44 »
I finished some mosaic panels to use as 'Art in the Garden' for the G.W.L. show garden.

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 21:56:24 »
maybe I am just a saddo

Quite the reverse I think EJ, it's dross

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 22:25:14 »
totally agree with all of you who think it's distasteful dross, but once you're hooked, there's just no putting it down ....... sadly.

the majority of the contestants are such shallow individuals, but there are one or two diamonds that just about manage to drag it off the floor. 

Pete to win  ;D

tabbycat

• Half Acre
  • Woking, Surrey
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 22:26:40 »
Sat down deaf and shell-shocked after spending 2 hours coping with 10 over-excited 4 year olds and a soaking wet bouncy castle!  :o

Had a restorative cup of tea and then went and removed all the birthday presents from my youngest daughter's bed, as she had insisted on tucking them all in with her. I think it was to stop her sister pinching them. I drew the line at the mini-scooter, though. That stayed downstairs!

Read my "Beds" book that I ordered off ebay

This sound good - who's the author. I may throw caution (& money) to the wind and get a copy. ;D

Tabbycat

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal