Author Topic: Petrol strimmers  (Read 2092 times)

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
Petrol strimmers
« on: May 08, 2006, 16:50:24 »
Hi

We want a new toy! looking to spend up to about £100. Can anyone recommend a good petrol strimmer, or even a rechargable electric one we can use for our paths on the lottie?

we have an ancient flymo recargable one but it really is not up to the job anymore.

Thanks guys x

Columbus

• Hectare
    • A Duel of Delight and Desperation Index page
Re: Petrol strimmers
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 18:25:22 »
Hi daisymay,

I`ve been using a petrol strimmer all weekend, after all I wrote about battery ones  :-[

It was a real eye-opener, My allotment buddy lent it to me and he`s very skilled at neatly trimming grass and doing jobs I use my little battery jobbie for. I was a bit more erratic but I got the hang of it although my arms were tired afterwards as were my hips and back. You really need a face guard hat or goggles and ear-protectors with a petrol strimmer which will push the price up and good footwear and gloves. (theres another thread about this somewhere)

Its a bit fierce and I think I could destroy my planted-up allotment with a petrol strimmer. I had a Black and Decker rechargable for a while which I liked but the switch failed and I couldn`t turn it off, now I have a cheap Pro-craft 12V trimmer, the handle broke 5 mins out of the box and the company don`t answer my emails anymore. It runs for about twenty minutes and is just for doing the paths and lawn with.

Someone here posted about getting a petrol generator which will run mains tools of all kinds which are a lot cheaper and you get all the benefits of a petrol driver tool in that you get power and run-time. This seems like a good option.

Have fun whatever you buy, stay safe,
Keep you fingers and toes if you kept them `til today, Col

Edit: The other thread about petrol strimmers is in Basics
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 19:18:51 by Columbus »
... I am warmed by winter sun and by the light in your eyes.
I am refreshed by the rain and the dew
And by thoughts of you...

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 19:40:57 »
OK  - had not spotted that! this site moves so fast these days....
will go and have a read.......

thanks

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 19:46:39 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal