Author Topic: Vegetable Plants at Wilko's  (Read 1837 times)

MutantHobbit

• Half Acre
  • There's a bl**dy great big plane near my allotment
Vegetable Plants at Wilko's
« on: May 05, 2006, 17:43:43 »
Hi all,

Just a quick tip to let you know that if your local Wilko's have a plant section to check out their Vegetable plants.  They're £2.99, :o packaged in groups of 15 plugs, with 3 different varieties based on a theme.  So if you get the "Mediterranean Herbs"  you get 5 x Oregano, 5 x Basil and 5 x Flat Parsley.   

Off the top of my head, they had Lettuces, Salad Veg, Oriental herbs, Thai herbs, Chillis, Cabbages, etc.  Something for everyone really!  ;D  Hope there's some appearing at a store near you!

I only went in to get a hose/tap connector... ::)

Dave
Sheldon, Birmingham.  I've put the pin on Google Earth where my shed is, in the allotments.  It's in an area with a satellite photo which is cool!  You can't miss it, there's a bl**dy great big Airport next door!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Vegetable Plants at Wilko's
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 22:42:21 »
lordy, lordy......if I can do my usual Sunday morning sweep of Home Bargains, Wilkos, Aldis and Pound shop with only the intended purchase of pea sticks from Poundland, I'm gonna be very lucky (OR very very lucky with all the extra bargains I get?)......hmmmmm will my purse be half-empty or half-full when I get back home? ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal