Author Topic: Wrong tulips  (Read 1294 times)

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
Wrong tulips
« on: May 06, 2006, 10:40:28 »
Ordered 50 White Triumphator tulips from W S Warmenhoven last May for delivery in October.  Eventually in November 10 arrived and after chasing them the missing 40 bulbs eventually arrived  mid December.  Anyway planted them up following their instructions to the letter and have waited expectantly. 

25 out of 50 have made it to the surface, but they sure ain't White Triumphator :(.  Just sent them an e-mail with photos asking for my money back.  They may have won a gold medal at Chelsea but they get a big thumbs down from me.

I'll be digging them all up once the foliage has died back, and assuming WSW don't want them returned will happily send to anyone who wants.  Just send me a PM.  Rather pretty though they are, I'm aiming for a mainly white garden so they're the wrong colour.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:52:52 by Jill »

Deeds

• Half Acre
Re: Wrong tulips
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 20:08:47 »
Oh Jill, what a shame, pretty though they are. Unfortunately it does happen, I grow bulbs for a living and this year employed someone to help me with the packing. (I know the bulbs are correct at harvest, not only are they labelled,they are also marked on a planting plan and well separated, but even then two of my customers got the wrong bulbs, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't me!

My customers have been well recompensed I think (replacement bulbs and their money back), but I still feel bad about it.  It doesn't make up for it.

This year I am just going to have to work more hours and do it all myself come packing and despatch time.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal