Author Topic: beehive composter  (Read 4254 times)

foxyglove

• Not So New ...
  • Dat Pesky Wabbit
beehive composter
« on: May 03, 2006, 20:51:43 »
My local council have just delivered 3 wheelie bins!!   They are enormous - so I have a plan.  I will site them round the back, behind a trellis screen.  However, I need somewhere to put my re-cycleables in the meantime.  I have decided to construct a beehive composter (construct as opposed to buy at approx £199.00)!! and this can go just outside the back door with a plastic liner inside. I have searched high and lo for a book which will tell me how to make one without much joy.  Does anyone know where I can find fairly simple instructions - a web page or cheapish book?   ???

Travman

• Half Acre
  • Castleford, West Yorkshire anybody near me
    • castown fc
Re: beehive composter
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 09:37:07 »
3are  for sale on E-Bay at the moment.... Any good ??

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 11:36:49 »
Try http://www.rockmill.co.uk/mastercomposter/compostbins.htm, the second half of the page shows several links to instructions for DIY, including the RHS factsheet. Looks like they may not be beehivey, but worth a look?

Belinda

• Half Acre
  • Still learning
Re: beehive composter - Foxyglove
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 13:14:30 »
Are you still looking for a pattern?

Try your local library, look for Geoff Hamilton's book on Cottage Gardens. There's a really good one in there.

Sorry for the very tardy response, have been without a computer for some time.

ice

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 19:58:15 »
Someone emailed me a scan of the Geoff Hamilton compost bin but I'm afraid I don't have it anymore. I did however make the compost bin, so could go and measure all the pieces and email you the specs with some pics if you'd like.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal