Author Topic: ntl charges  (Read 1030 times)

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
ntl charges
« on: April 23, 2006, 12:15:28 »
Just had my bill from ntl for the phone and internet and because we do not pay by direct debit they have now decided to put an extra charge of £1 on the bill for not doing so. Is this legal to penalise people for using cash.
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

Diesel

• Half Acre
Re: ntl charges
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 15:06:54 »
I don't think so, a lot of companies do it to cover admin fees.... allegedly.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 15:31:32 »
I don't think so, a lot of companies do it to cover admin fees.... allegedly.

and legally too >:(

I don't know now, but years back I couldn't afford to tax my car for a year....6 months tax x 2 was more than 12 months. Was severely fed up by that....

Nothing at all to do with being penalised for not using direct debit, except that there's a potential link to the cost of living being higher for the poor (feeling a rant coming on here...)... >:(

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 23:08:31 »
I was amused when "Telewest wrote asking me to pay my bills on the net, then I could adopt a tree to save the world, I could have my name on it ::) the idea is to save the environment by not wasting paper that they have to send out to us asking for money :P they add if I want a paper bill I could print one off ::) get my drift?

I wonder if they will stop sending me all that junk mail telling me what I am missing through not having every TV channel pumping out total tosh. ::) :P >:(

plot51A

• Hectare
  • Norfolk - we do diff'rent!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 20:12:55 »
We had a letter from NTL today - informing us that our "package" of telephone and broadband is going up by £2 per month. So much for the effect of competition. Think we will either have to threaten to defect to Carphone Warehouse - or maybe really do it!

MonsterMum

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 20:35:40 »
We decided not long ago to take our phone and broadband to Tiscali as they are so much cheaper.  When we rang ntl to disconnect they halved the line rental on the phone and the broadband for 3 months.  Will do the same again when this runs out.

Mind you we have just been charged £15.60 for calls we haven't made and they say we have to pay cos as far as they're concerned we made them and we can't prove otherwise  >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal