Author Topic: sunshine please  (Read 1525 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
sunshine please
« on: March 09, 2007, 17:32:28 »
I hope it's a nice sunny day tomorrow. 4 generations of us are going to the plot tomorrow. Gonna take me mom for the day, have made the grandkids some rock cakes. (just eaten one)lol. That should keep them quiet for a minute or two, Hope to get  the spuds in and my sweet peas. Will post you some pics if I can get us all on. have a nice day whatever you are doing.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: sunshine please
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 17:39:45 »
going to take piccies of my new fruit cage, so we want nice weather too, keeping everything crossed for us all  ;D ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 18:54:37 »
Looks like you will be lucky ladies. DON'T forget the cameras ;D Hope Mum enjoys her day Shirl and hope the grandchildren don't get under Tony's feet ;D
Lorna

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 23:05:00 »
Making my last raised bed. Rushed from one job this afternoon down the the lottie to cut the stakes and then rushed of to the Friday evening job. Tomorrow I have to cut the scaffold boards to size and put it together. In fact I think I should go and some sleep to get my strength up!

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 17:53:36 »
Well we had a great day. weather stayed nice. We got to the plot at 10am and left at 4pm. It was lovely not to have to rush back to see if me mom was ok. She really enjoyed it up there with her great grand kids. I think she will be coming again. Got my sweet peas in, 2 rows of spuds. a tayberry and a blackcurrant bush that some kind soul gave me. Tony finished his digging in the roots bed. Have fleeced the carrots. Don't know if it will still be on when we go again. If not then I will use my enviromesh instead, cos its rather a long row. Tracy had lots of helpers so she got more done than she thought she would. As you can see she got her partner to shift some muck ( poor b****r was at it all day) wouldn't mind but it was his birthday today. I told him "not many men can say that they've had the priviledge of shifting muck on their birthday" He should think himself lucky. I must say that I do feel a bit knackered but very satisfied with having done a good days work
                             I want em saying

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 18:24:03 »
Nice pics Shirl. Glad you had a good day. Weather has been fine here althought the wind was quite cold. Hope Tracy treats her partner to a couple of cans tonight ;D
Great that your Mum enjoyed her day, hope she will spend many more days there, especially when the weather gets warmer.

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 18:29:05 »
Lovely pics shirlton, what a great family scene!  Here's hoping your mum gets to spend plenty of warm sunny days up there x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 18:16:59 »
well here's some piccies of what we've been up to, including promised pictures of ray's big build fruit cage, we could put a roof on and have a conservatory !!   ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 18:19:18 by manicscousers »

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 19:47:18 »
Wow Manic, Ray has certainly been busy, everything looks good. Love your poly tunnel, wish I had room for one!! Keep those pics coming please.
Lorna.

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 20:15:25 »
it's always been one of my dreams, lorna..when we got the first plot, 12 years ago, we couldn't afford one so, when I inherited a small sum after dad died, we went for it..now my dream's a mini orchard, we're in the process of planting it, as you can see  ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 09:14:06 »
Manic I reckon it's another branch of Wilkie's being built lol
                             I want em saying

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 09:41:55 »
well, there's enough stuff from wilkies on the plot to open a branch!!  ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 22:11:50 »
Go Scousers, you have been busy keep up the good work, you sure your not building flats and renting them to the council. Shirl great to see your mum out in the fresh air hope you had a great day, not many familys of four generations spend the day together nowdays great to see, say hello to your mum for us, happy digging everone.   ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal