Author Topic: Another wormery question!  (Read 2858 times)

becs

• Quarter Acre
Another wormery question!
« on: April 22, 2006, 17:51:30 »
I have inherited a wormery bin - label calls it "The Original Wormery" and it looks like a grey rectangular bin with a tap at the bottom.   

Have promised my 4yr old that I would get it going asap - so.... apart from worms.. could someone tell me what I need to do so that I can put worms in and get it going??!   I have a supply of shredded paper for bedding but otherwise I am stuck..

giantseye

• Half Acre
  • I love my lottie
Re: Another wormery question!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 10:01:01 »
Hi Becs,

Wiggly Wigglers do a wormery restart pack.  It contains all the bits needed to rejuvenate a wormery.

Can't remember how much it is, but if you go onto their website and click the wormery section, then all the details will be there.

Google Wiggly Wigglers and I don't have the web address to hand.

Hope this helps

Ruth

becs

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 11:59:59 »
Thanks - have had a look at that but it was £40!!   Hoped I could get set up much cheaper - perhaps just the cost of the worms themselves.....

anyone else?

giantseye

• Half Acre
  • I love my lottie
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 17:26:05 »
If you have alook on ebay, there are a couple of suppliers of worms and starter kits.  Maybe they might be worth a go.

Diesel

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 17:38:22 »
you may be better to try some local fishing shops and see if they stock any of the red worms, I think tey may be called tiger worms? you may pick them up cheaper from them.

peterpiper

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 18:37:57 »
if you live near to me /louth lincs you can come and get some of my hoss muck that is riddled with worms free of charge. then just give em plenty of muck, household waste
but no grass as it creates to much heat.you can mix a bit of bran in .
pete

deboydoyd

• Half Acre
  • Bit of digging - it'll be fine
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 21:10:26 »
We haven't bought any worms for ours, we just relocated them from the compost bin

Sketty

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 15:29:50 »
Really depends what uses you wish to put the worms to, as to what species you get.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal