Author Topic: blag a shed  (Read 2473 times)

sarah

• Hectare
blag a shed
« on: April 14, 2006, 16:53:08 »
After looking for ages for an affordable shed  (i.e free) but having no luck and getting desperate I went to B&Q and asked if they had any damaged sheds that they might let me have cheap.  They did! I got a 6' by 4' for a tenner.  Its got no roof but hey i can fix that ( i mean, my husband can). Its got everyhting else including the felt.  ;D ;D So... if yuo are looking for a shed, it is definately worth asking at the big superstores for damaged stock.

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
Re: blag a shed
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 17:00:55 »
Well done you.  Thought I was doing well getting a 6x4 from Ebay for £46.  Couple of bits of ply, exterior grade preferably, should give you a roof.  Again, ask at the timber yard for offcuts.

So that's sorted out the rest of your Easter break ;D

and remember, we all want to see pictures.

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 18:48:10 »
Just about everything on my allotment has been blagged or recycled from scrap. My shed was built from recycled pallet wood, and when I was asking at B&Q yard for more timber to finish my shed roof, the bloke pointed me at a large sheet of chipboard that had caught the rain, so couldnt be sold. I saved him dragging it into the skip, and gave me a roof !
The impossible is just a journey away ...

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 19:47:43 »
love hearing about people getting bargains or freebies.  well done!!  i'm currently saving scaffolding boards and hope to eventually get enough to make a new hut. the old one i inherited with the plot is rotten.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 11:30:43 »
i will post pictures when we have erected it hopefully when thekids go back to school. i am so excited to have a shed, its rediculous!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 12:56:35 »
Well done Sarah! Now that's great initiative ;D ;D ;D

Look forward to seeing pix of the Bargain of the Century 8)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal