Author Topic: p(h)easant shooting skills...  (Read 1485 times)

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
p(h)easant shooting skills...
« on: April 21, 2006, 13:47:25 »
Sorry, only had a phone camera with me, so close your eyes an imagine the scene:

7.30am.  Neighbours lottie has cages over brassicas.  Sitting on top was a beautiful pale hen pheasant.  Tried to sidle up nonchalantly with the phone camera at the ready. She was obviously smarter than me and toddled off to the top of my plot where a HUGE male pheasant came out to stand between her me.  What a privaledge!

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
Re: p(h)easant shooting skills...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 16:57:01 »
Sorry to rain on your parade, but they will eat all the buds and rip up other plants and throw them around as Luuurrrve tokens.  Been there on the lottie, lost many crops. >:(

OH also has problem with a stray peacock using his lawn to display on.  Looks lovely until you see it ripping stuff up in the flower beds to munch, although having a peacock roosting in the wood over the fence is very odd.  :-\
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
Re: p(h)easant shooting skills...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 18:41:17 »
Sorry to rain on your parade, but they will eat all the buds and rip up other plants and throw them around as Luuurrrve tokens.  Been there on the lottie, lost many crops. >:(

OH also has problem with a stray peacock using his lawn to display on.  Looks lovely until you see it ripping stuff up in the flower beds to munch, although having a peacock roosting in the wood over the fence is very odd.  :-\

Good to know. Will get a catapault and netting sorted. thanks :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal