Author Topic: Freecycle website  (Read 8113 times)

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
Re: Freecycle website
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2006, 21:15:01 »
Well, if you don't ask you don't get. ;D ;D

I have seen cars offered on Freecycle, albeit the 'needs attention' variety.

I find that the wanted posts prompt me to think about the items I have stuffed in the shed and cupboards and consider if I still really need or want them, if I don't and someone else has a need - then why not.....

Like you though, I am sometimes a bit cynical about some of the requests.  Like everything, Freecycle is bound to be exploited and the freely given items end up on places like ebay or Sunday's boot sale.  I'm not going to let the mean behaviour of a minority prevent me from participating in things like Freecycle.

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2006, 21:19:40 »
I'm not going to let the mean behaviour of a minority prevent me from participating in things like Freecycle.

Snap. Hope to snaffle 9 demijohns tonight, ignoring Wanted posts for computers, tvs and (yes) caravans ???

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2006, 16:38:00 »
Just had a Freecycle email full of 'wants' one of which was a small caravan ??? and another was a car to take the people on holiday as theirs had broken down. (must have tax and MOT). :o
I think I must have misunderstood the concept of freecycle.............I'm going to ask for unwanted jewelry and a free holiday  ;D ;D ;D

is that on the Yahoo freecycle group maggie?  You should try freecyclers.org.uk its a much better board, very organised and mods keep up to date with things that have been freecycled so delete threads etc.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2006, 20:17:29 »
Yes, O O, It is Yahoo. Things improving slightly,someone actually emailed me to say sorry but someone else got there first. !! Today I collected some Kefir grains from a delightful lady.
I will have a look at the other site immediatley, if not sooner............. ;D ;D ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2006, 20:48:09 »
I managed to get a stair gate which I was chuffed about as i've been round boots sales trying to get one. I felt strange going to someones house and not paying for it though. Someone offered a shed the other day, I though wow for the lot but they haven't come back so wonder if it was a wind up.

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2006, 21:25:24 »
The idea is a great one, and you do feel like your doing your bit to keep green.
I heard of it from here and now have one just starting in my aera.
must sort some things out for it.

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2006, 21:43:04 »
Had another success yesterday.  Youngest daughter's best friend  has a little one and not much dosh.  I spotted a high chair which I thought that she would like.  Checked with her and yes.......great... thats fine.  I was the first to ask for it and collected a beautiful almost brand new chicco highchair with all the trimmings.  Needless to say she is so very very chuffed   ;D  ;D  Me too
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal