Author Topic: Is this for real??  (Read 4441 times)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Is this for real??
« on: March 05, 2004, 21:51:34 »
Found this picture on the net - the deer is supposed to be the world's smallest deer, native of South America called Pudu pudu. :-\  Anyone heard of it ???  Or is it computer enhanced ???

Happy gardening all...........Pat

Colin_Bellamy-Wood

• Hectare
Re:Is this for real??
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 21:34:23 »
Patricia, when I served in Aden, one of the Sergeants living in the Mess, looked after a dik-dik in a compound outside his room.   It couldn't have been much bigger that the pudu pudu you picture, so I believe it.   It could be that it is only a baby and I refer to the markings - are they camouflage markings?   Well spotted though.
Every best wish, Colin.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 21:44:51 »
You could be right Colin.  I just couldn't believe that even if the deer is a tiny baby that it would allow a dog close to it, let alone put a paw on it's ear.  Gorgeous puppy though don't you think?
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 22:34:21 »
Oooo Colin, when were you in Aden?  My gramps was over there in the RAF and he is always yakking about it.  Who knows, paths may have crossed...

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 23:47:21 »
 :D Hi Pat,

We had a few strange 'adoptions' in our practice. A Border collie with a lamb, a German shepherd with baby rabbits, even a cat with a budgie!!  :o

My own old lab used to 'look after' my daughter's pet rats and when he thought they were overstepping the mark he picked them up and put them back in their cage!!!  8)

There was a programme on the Beeb about a lioness that adopted a (Wildebeast, I think) calf - very moving! So maybe the photograph is genuine.

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal