Author Topic: anyone near PRESTON  (Read 3626 times)

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
anyone near PRESTON
« on: April 03, 2006, 23:25:00 »
hey anyone near preston

waggi

johnslottie

• Quarter Acre
Re: anyone near PRESTON
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 23:37:27 »
Further up at Penrith, but a Dave from Valley Road in Preston contributes to the other allotment forum  :-[
Let there be sun!

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 00:02:50 »
there is more than one fourum

slug catcher was on here last year he is on our site

waggi

johnslottie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 00:23:44 »
Let there be sun!

Plottie

• Half Acre
  • MMM , Raspberries !!!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 10:43:23 »
And there's me Waggi - in Penwortham
Plottie

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 13:53:13 »
only for work a couple of days a week on average & really jelous as I drive past all those lotties near the river close to the centre.

Grrrr then drive back to an allotment free council. NNNgggghhhhh
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

2Daves Growing

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 11:03:30 »
Me, my dad and sister work a plot down on Penwortham Holme West, near town centre.  Had it for 2+ years but only really got going in last year.

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 22:50:04 »
I live in Preston and work in Penwortham - had looked into getting a lottie as am just growing in pots in my garden at the mo, but couldn't decide whether to go for Sharoe Green or Penwortham.  Am going to see how my first year of veggie growing goes first then will put my name on the list for future - any idea how long the waiting lists are for lotties around Preston?   ???
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

Plottie

• Half Acre
  • MMM , Raspberries !!!
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 16:11:18 »
Hi Sally
My plot is at Penwortham West site and there are always plots available with no waiting list.  I looked at Sharoe Green when i was considering where to go and as far as I can recall there was a waiting list there - but of course this was 2 years ago so things may have changed since.
good luck and let us know how you get on
Plottie

cyrilsquirrel

• Not So New ...
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 17:42:30 »
Hi all , I am at penwortham east,next to penwortham holme football ground, down by the river. :)

This is my first proper year at this site and I have just moved my greenhouse onto the plot.

Anyone else on Pen east? ???

cyrilsquirrel

• Not So New ...
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 17:55:22 »
Oh, forgot to say.....I know there are at least three plots up for grabs here this year.

One has a shed and a greenhouse  :o

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 21:37:50 »
Hi,
just read through all this thread!
I'm in not so sunny Derby, Littleover Lane Allotments, esp. hello to Zoay and Len in Alvaston and Wolflike in Sunnyhill, Sunnydale have vacant plots wolflike, if you are interested. Also big hello to Roundtoit, in Bury, being from Rawtenstall I can well imagine what it is like!

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 16:04:00 »
Hello cyril squirrel and plottie,
Am I right in thinking that the plot price is £20?  I requested an info pack a while ago and thats what it said, wondered if it was still the same?  Would it be worthwhile getting one at this time of year ot better to wait til autumn?   ???
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

Plottie

• Half Acre
  • MMM , Raspberries !!!
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 13:34:03 »
Hi Sal
Yep, the current price is £21.50.  I got my plot the year before last at about this time and managed to get it in some kind of order to be able to plant and harvest a reasonable amount of stuff.  My plot was fairly wild so it was FREE for the first year and I had the advantage of a willing and strapping OH to set about clearing it.
If you can get a plot that has not been left untended for too long that will speed things along for you and you could get things planted for crops this year.  It's not too late to start various things from seed (get 'em started at home on the windowledge now if you think there'e a possibility of getting a plot soon) or you could invest in a few nursery grown veg babies. 
Good luck and keep us informed of progress
Plottie  :)

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 14:02:36 »
Hello!
Thought I'd dig up this thread from ages ago and see if anyone is still posting?

I got my plot, but am on Valley Road, Penwortham - just across the way from Plottie and cyril!

:)

Twirlie

• Half Acre
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 22:53:34 »
Aiya, Not in Preston but just got my plot in Clitheroe, just a half to start, waited 2 years for it!!!! Twirlie

plot 46

• Not So New ...
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 21:15:07 »
Hi I am on the penwortham west plots have been for 5 years this year, and it is starting to look quite good.
      Chrissy

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal