Author Topic: Garden Break in  (Read 4129 times)

DolphinGarden

• Acre
  • skip skavenger
    • Facility of the Month, Warrington Cycle Camaign
Re: Garden Break in
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2006, 14:20:10 »
carpet gripper nailed to the top of the fence or just on your side works nice for sticky fingers and cats !

Carl

Carl, that is a great idea. Wow. Simple yet effective...must try it.

I had a problem a couple of years ago at the end of the garden, some young fellas from my neighbour's climbed over the hedge covered chain link fence that forms the border at that point, and used to saunter up the garden. A friend recommended a clear and visual installation of barbed wire. He said don't hide it. Make sure it's nice and clear. No probs since. Maybe they grew up...or ...it worked a treat.
I also had another gap in the base of the hedge elsewhere and I broke a pint glass in the gap which seemed to do the trick.

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Garden Break in
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2006, 17:45:39 »
They sell a deterrent to farmers that consists of a  wire fixed to the door that triggers a device that fires a blank cartidge.

Had one in my garage once as my m/cycle collection was irreplaceable. I set it off accidently one night and the police came calling. They did not like the alarm but said it was quite legal and I was entitled to use it as it does not injure people.

It is well worth looking into as any intruder will not be hanging around waiting for the second bang.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal