Author Topic: what is in your shed  (Read 6094 times)

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
what is in your shed
« on: March 30, 2006, 21:29:27 »
come on lads and lasses

tell me what is in your little havens on your lotties

i am getting a shed as soon as i get this new lottie

there is a possibility that i might inheret a shed off the last tenent

come on tell us all

good and bad

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
Re: what is in your shed
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 22:10:59 »
numerous cloches in waiting (ginger bottles) vast quantities of empty milk cartons, bbq potting tray, shelving, stack of newspapers, numerous empty pots, wooden shoe rack (i'll find a use for it one day), glass jars (some with screws in, some waiting to be filled with screws, nails and the like), sieve, packs of netting, rolls of fleece, gazebo frame and mini greenhouse type rods  (from greenhouse destroyed in a gale), joints of aforementioned gazebo/greenhouse,  a roll of hose just waiting to be cut up for frame joining bits, 2 x lidl cloches as yet unpacked, assorted tools, desert spoon - for the smaller pots, dibber, clips to hold fleece on runner bean frame, plastic bag for rubbish, plastic bag full of other plastic bags (for rubbish), empty hanging basket, cardboard box full of loo roll inners (domestic) and fatter loo roll inners (commercial - from work - yes i steal them from work  :o), bucket for saving milk bottle and ginger bottle tops to be used as crocks, replacement shed door (still waiting to be hung), 7 solar powered garden lights (one is in the garden, the other two disappeared over the balcony at my last flat  :o), pair of scissors, huge plastic terracotta style pot used for mixing compost and sand, ermmmmm think that's me done a virtual tour of the shelves  :P

still got to make room for two bikes and the patio furniture - aye right, like there's gonna be room for those  ::)

i love my shed.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 22:22:33 »
Spare tyre, ratchet set, triangle, first aid kit, tyre changer thingy that I can't remember the name of, netting, pots, lime, map, fork, tool kit that includes, secateurs, digger thingy, gloves etc. spade, shears, fleece, black membrane, trug, parsnips in trug that need to be cooked!, tissues, wet wipes, de -icer tool, lopers, cut off soda bottles, clear plastic for cloches, chewy mints, Chicken poop,
 yes I don't have a shed cos they burn em down on my site, my shed is my car!!!
and I wonder why my kids says it stinks when they get taxiied!  Dottie P
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

fbgrifter

• Acre
  • All change
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 23:11:05 »
not allowed a shed *humph*
It'll be better next year

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 23:40:13 »
nor am I Hubby said no but i'll sort one out oneday.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 23:46:58 »
On the allotment, a couple of families of mice!  They have made a meal of my fleece!!  >:(  Oh well, guess they were cosy over the winter.  Also, netting, bamboos, wheelbarrow and various tools, chairs, stove, various pots and seed trays that should come home for re-using, and most importantly, my restocked first aid kit with plasters, germaline, antiseptic spray and waspeze!

At home, bikes, pogo sticks, paddling pools, buckets and spades, rubber dinghy, garden furniture, huge array of pots, tubs and seed trays and the lord and masters garden related power tools, like the lawn mower, hedge trimmer, strimmer, rotovator etc!

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 23:53:07 »
dont have a shed but i do have a car and a cupboard under my stairs  ;D
so far i have in the car  fork spade 3 trowles chicken poop another fork green bags black bags clear bags  compost maker (box of ) nappies wellies baby wipes change of clothes (for children) gloves  thats it for the car  and on saturday ill add i husband 2 kids  3  lots of potaoes onions 3 lots  drinkd etc and its only a small rover 100 last weekend as well as all above (except the veg ) i had a rotavator in it too  ??? im still amazed at  how we did that  under the staries i dont even want to look all i know is its more and loads more garderning (usefull) items  ;D

sandallwood

• Not So New ...
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 01:17:15 »
my shed is coming today at 9.30am, im so excited i cant sleep ;D got a wheel barrow lined up to go into it
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 01:21:20 by sandallwood »
Spring the sweet Spring,is this year's pleasant King.

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 08:08:14 »
Another car-shed here I'm afraid.....but I'm hoping for my birthday......

Anyway boot of car holds at the moment - wellies, kneeling pad, fork, spade, bucket (to carry all the little bits from car to plot - inside bucket is: plant labels, pen, string, scissors, plastic bags, half packets of seeds, trowel, two bits of wood and some string for line marking & gloves), cloche rescued from wind the other day, roll of fleece, box of BF&B, box of lime, first aid kit (shamefully old and in need of updating!) and try as I might not to let it in - soil!

I'm changing my car hopefully for a mini soon so OH will just have to buy me a shed!
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

cowellen

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 09:20:44 »
i havent got a shed yet  :'(

i have a black rucksac - which contains gloves, seeds, bottle of water, tissues, string, scissors, and a little spade/fork, all the rest of my tools are stashed round the back of a neighbours shed  ;)

SHED WANTED IN LIVERPOOL  ;D

Flowertot

• Not So New ...
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 11:39:47 »
There's a shed on my lottie from a previous tennant.  She's got loads of tools, onion strings, a camping stove, gardening boots & 2 deck chairs in it.  I wish she'd come and collect it all as I can't use the shed until it's gone!!!!!! :(  So I too am carrying my tools back and forth from the car at every visit !!!

Daisy_Jane

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 12:16:12 »
The usual tools, wellies, trug, step ladder from when we put the shed up... biscuit tin with assorted seeds ... cardboard boxes.. pair of waterproof trousers so I can potter about the lottie at lunch time and not mess up my work trousers.

I am working on a rouse to get the camping stove and table up to the lottie; need to make sure I put them back before we next go on hols though!  ;D

sweet-pea

• Hectare
  • Wisley
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 14:25:26 »
A lot of cobwebs!

But also the usual tools, wheelbarrow, folding chair, plastic bottles, some window frames, netting.....

I really must have a spring clean in there!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 18:24:23 »
Tools, loads of rubbish that needs clearing out, a dozen or so buckets of wood ash, fifty cloches, several hundred pots, netting, hoses, all the usual stuff.

Columbus

• Hectare
    • A Duel of Delight and Desperation Index page
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 21:40:39 »
Last time I posted on this subject I got told off. :-X

Now, you don`t need huge amounts of stuff to grow veg ... but ....

(I just can`t resist it)  ....

Working from front to back along metal shelving away from the door, at the moment, my tool shed contains,

Soap, first aid kit, sun block, mirror, radio, tin of chocolate. Gloves, seeds, knives, secateurs, string,

Hose pipe on reel.

Long handled tools: spade, forks, hoe, cultivaters, half a ladder.

Chemicals: Blood, fish and bone, Growmore, rat poison, Jeyes fluid, Round-up.

Cloches

Nuts and bolts, screws and nails, Woodworking tools, bike tools, screwdrivers, saws, hammer

Flowers buckets and builders buckets: Hose connectors, sprays, sprinklers,

Small tools: Dibber, weeder, trowels, forks, cultivators

String, pegs, pins, ties

Plastic box of sheet materials and garden bags, fleece, plastic, tarpaulins

Box of hanging baskets, pea sticks, bamboo canes,

Wheelbarrow, more hose pipe, parts of a strimmer.

Clothes, shorts, jeans, fleeces, water-proof jacket, boots, spare gloves.

rodent proof box of remains of last years spud harvest (baking spuds)

Theres probably more, Col

Edit: Slug traps, beer, plastic guttering and brackets, spare shelving pieces,
onions sets, gladioli bulbs, netting and mesh, carrier bags and bin bags, plastic containers for bringing harvest home.

(Plant pots, trays compost etc are in the potting shed)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 16:45:05 by Columbus »
... I am warmed by winter sun and by the light in your eyes.
I am refreshed by the rain and the dew
And by thoughts of you...

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 22:13:07 »
You really don't want to know. ;) ;D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2006, 00:02:19 »
Columbus, nodding in approval.   :P
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2006, 05:28:37 »
It has no door, so not much of value, but here goes:
Plastic tub holding canes and sticks, plastic tub holding pieces of metal tubing that might come in handy.
3 sacks of ericaceous compost for when I get round to planting blueberry bushes, covered with black plastic sheeting.
Old bamboo blind that I thought might come in handy for something, 2 very large pots, plastic Wickes bucket.
A plastic shelf unit holding a plastic trough filled with very cheap secateurs, plastic trowel and hand fork, bits of string, scissors, hooks etc; sack of chicken pellets, lime, firelighters, more plastic sheeting, empty compost bags, nailbrush, aluminium basket thing filled with rusty nails and small bits of wire.
A table about 2 ft square, wedged behind it a large reel of very tough wire that I can't cut, under it a bucket with sieved wood ash, wedged by the side of it an old rake, old broom, old weed wizard. Plastic patio chair with crack.   
Suspended from roof/walls: 2 wicker baskets, plastic riddle, small rectangular sieve, wire mesh bucket with handle, clock that doesn't work, towel, rags, plastic bags, bits of string and wire.
Think that's it.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2006, 10:11:49 »
"Old bamboo blind that I thought might come in handy for something"
Jenny, use mine thrown over the top of my greenhouse for shade! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2006, 11:33:12 »
I have the potting shed and the spider shed (where the spiders look after my gardening tools, assorted bits of wood , a variety of mesh, fleece, netting and canes and twine).

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal