Author Topic: God i am livid  (Read 4544 times)

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
God i am livid
« on: March 30, 2006, 17:58:28 »
hey all

after a long and stressful first season on my allotment last year i have had to come to terms with the fact that it has gone :'(

well after last season off my spuds and even my manure going missing and fresh manure arriving on a nother pearsons plot on the same envening i put up with and rode the storm, the last straw was when all my goosberrys and plums on a very much wanted plum tree was stolon on one night >:(

went to sea the secetery and complained as i had my ideas off who it was 8) and told him that i have had a nuff and that i have put black plastic on it all and i will be back in the spring to start a fresh as i have paid till the first off april this year that would not be a problem

well went back in feb to find that all my hard work was well gone

all my hedges gone
all my fruit trees bar the sought after plum tree was gone
all my herb garden gone

oh and a barnd new Greenhouse was in situe

the nice man in the next plot who wanted this plot when i got it had taken over the plot

i have been in touch with the council who have since appolagised and are finding a new plot on the site for me

all the council have said is that they will waver the rent this year as a nice show off grace

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

waggi >:(

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
Re: God i am livid
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 17:59:51 »
sorry for the rant but

well

all my winter onions and garlic

i hope he gets blight and nowt grows

i no that is harsh but

waggi ::)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 18:14:20 »
That is a disgrace Waggi.  I am so sorry for you again.  This sounds like a job for the Police to me.  You must go and report all of this criminal activity and file a complaint.  Can you get in touch with your Community Police Officer as there will be one who covers your allotment area.  I would let it be known also that the police are now involved. Do feel for you. busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 18:20:48 »
I'm shocked! I don't have an allotment, but I'm sure that peeps here will give you good guidance. This CANNOT be right and I don't believe you should be satisfied by being fobbed off with another plot. This just SHOULD NOT have happened.

:o  Lishka

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 18:21:05 »
I don't blame you being livid Waggi.  How awful and even worse that you are not getting much support from your allotment assoc/site sec.  I know that it is evil and I would never ever ever dream of doing it ..... (truly) but it would be so tempting to do the roundup in a watering can/dead of night/hight of growing season kind of thing...........I would think about it and even dream of doing it but dont think that I ever could.   Only thing is if you get another plot on site what is to stop this guy doing the same things again.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 18:28:47 »
as i do own this plot till the first as i paid for it

i might go and chop this plum tree down as this is what he wanted the plot for

a nasty thing to do i no but mmmmmmmmmmmm

that said me and the wife have agreed that it is not the fruit trees fault is t

but round up
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dan 2

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 18:30:53 »
How awful for you, Im so sorry. That really is horrible to hear about, hope things get better for you, you could always move allotment site... Dan

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 20:27:36 »
good grief!
dont give in!
there has to be a higher body you can go to-(the council?)
dont let this bloke steal your plot waggi!
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 20:58:55 »
kitty

i am affraid if you could see the plot now and in mymind it is what i made it

ie the ten foot hedges on the back wall and the paths and the apple trees and goosberrys and rasberry canes and well all gone i am affraid it is not the plot i put the sweat and blood into

plus if i got it back i would be affraid i would not be able to be pleasent to this so called nice man

thanks for your posts off support

come on april

and the blight as if i rember correctly i planted two rows off taties to be ready for xmas and never got them

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 21:42:45 »
The thief should be thrown off the site by the association/committee with a lifetime ban for good measure. The fact that you complained before and nothing was done to prevent it from recurring, as well as the clear visual evidence of the greenhouse being put up on the plot which you are renting makes those in charge at least partially liable by their inaction. I'd put that to whoever is in charge in the strongest possible terms, with a costed list of everything you have lost, and I would let them know that I intended to take the matter to the police (and I would go to the Police).

It's bad enough when things like this happen, but when the people who are supposed to help you stand by and do nothing, you are made a victim twice over.

If you knew the right (?) people you could obtain some cannabis seeds and plant them in his manure pile, though that might not be everyone's ideal solution.

Personally, I'd Jeyes his entire plot.
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 21:52:58 »
on a diffrent site i go on which is not a allotment site i have also put this thred and some one has said

put round up in his water but and smile everytime he waters his plants

now that is crule

waggi

ps i will not stoop to that level i will let the proper cause take its action ;)

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 22:05:36 »
ps i will not stoop to that level i will let the proper cause take its action

You have my sincere and heartfelt support, Waggi, and I applaud your restraint. I wish you all the best.

(mind you, I'd happily 'stoop' on your behalf)
Lesson for life:

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 22:14:12 »
Waggi,
          If you can ,hire a mini JCB for an hour and transplant your fruit tree in your back garden, if you have one.  If not sell it to someone who has ;)

Why should HE get the benefits of your labour?

I would be delighted to send you some seeds and some fruit bushes if you will pm me your addy, I can get the bushes for next to nothing as I am a good customer of my local Nursery.

They are also guaranteed disease free

Please let me help.
UNDER PRESSURE (constantly)

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 23:34:41 »
I would contract NSALG (http://www.nsalg.org.uk/) who will be able to tell you of your legal rights and perhaps even put you in contact with a clued-up solicitor.

I think that you should be able to get compensation for the cost of replacing all your bushes and also for lost produce and hours worked.  If you didn't say in writing that you were giving up the plot and they can't produce a letter from you,  then I think that the council are fully liable for negligence. Get legal advice.

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 00:53:21 »
Following Scotch-mist's lead, Waggi - if I can help with any seeds, cuttings, plants or whatever, do please let me know.
Lesson for life:

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 08:04:11 »
When a council takes a plot back other than for non-compliance with your lease, the scale of compensation is normally around £100 per fruit tree + cost of any buildings and crops. I'd get a letter to whoever lets plots on your site today i( i.e. whilst still the tenant ) nforming them that you will be seeking proper compensation. Free rent doesn't come anywhere near covering it.

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 08:24:46 »
im livid with you this person sounds like a right --------------- after reading the posts on here about the round up id sertanly do it if hes growing anything for show (to win a prize ) thats seem fair to me i wouldent do it to anything hes eating just in case hes giving it to kids and as for going to higher powers then thats a yes and keep going write the biggest letter of complaint stating all you have bought and lost time laber etc and see what happens 
so sorry to here all our thoughts are with you please let us know if there is anything we can do to help  good luck from loulou

monkey puzzle

• Not So New ...
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2006, 08:56:56 »
Moonbells is right Waggi, seek legal advice.  CAB are usually very helpful. 

Check your tenancy agreement.  Tenants are usually required to relinquish their tenancy in writing.  You said you went to the secretary and said you'd had enough.  Perhaps the secretary has over-reacted.

Go easy on the revenge though, otherwise you may find yourself charged with malicious damage. 

I wish you well.  Council mistakenly cleared our plot just after we moved in.   Ultimately they did their best to make amends but I can well appreciate how you feel.

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2006, 09:17:51 »
You said you went to the secretary and said you'd had enough.  Perhaps the secretary has over-reacted.

Does your contract you signed say you have to give notice in writing to quit a plot? No letter of proof = theft, loss of plants their crop and time of growth, criminal damage, mental anguish.

Go to CAB with the Council/Association's terms of agreement.  Put your case in writing to the Council and CC in your contact at the CAB and the local paper - with before & after photos if possible. Stress why you wanted the lottie in the first place (good food, cost of living/making ends meet, retirement/out of the way of the wife etc).  Make yourself a real pain in the ar*e to the powers that be.  Council's hate being publically embarrased and this "abuse of power"/"abuse of the system" can be held up as an example.

Go for compensation, the right to have your plot back (even if you decide you don't want it anymore - it's the victory & public punishment of the offender you're after) and have the thief banned from the site.

Most of all - keep the moral high ground.  As tempting as taking a flame thrower to his ready-to-harvest plot is, it will be a blot against you.

They have abused, manipulated and deliberately destroyed the allotment system of camaraderie and respect for property and others for their own selfish gain.  By standing up and fighting your corner you may achieve satisfaction by punishing him (let's face it, it's deserved) and maybe stop him doing it to someone else's plot.

I wish I was a lawyer, I'd love to get this b*st*rd his come-uppance!! >:(

After it's all blown over - go for a plot on a different site.  If you supply the beer and some dry bread I'll drag the OH up on a Sunday with some tools and pilfered plants (from Mother...) and give you a hand starting over again. Anyone else up for a spot of community spirit?

ann hunter

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 13:08:36 »
Yup, great idea. Many hands make light work. Plus I could visit me mum as well. She'd ,love that. :-\ :-\ :) ;D
when the going gets tough..........

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal