Author Topic: Pond Pictures  (Read 1973 times)

Svengali

• Half Acre
    • Focalpoint-photo
Pond Pictures
« on: July 14, 2006, 19:58:14 »
I have been yattering on here about my pond, its troubles, and its delights, & decided that it was about time I posted some pictures - and learned how to use the "pics" part of my profile! - so here they are - I hope! (Ebay was never this complicated!)
The pond is in an area of ground that I am keeping as a wildflower meadow, hence its unkempt appearance.
Chanticlere - just visible atop the mound in pic 2, is actually standing on the filter tank cover to stop the lid blowing away. He was left behind by the previous owners.
The mound, which houses the filter & waterfall, made from the excavation spoil,  could really do with a haircut, but I am loth to cut it while so many baby frogletts are around. The taddies, which appear very reluctant to grow legs & leave home were joined yesterday by fifteen minnows, added to keep the mosquito larvae down.
I need nore vegetation, but with a low ph, growth is slow. I have plenty of sub-surface growth - oxygenators, but not much top cover, and I am hoping that Margaret's donation to my plant inventory will help to correct this.
RIGHT! - here I go to try to post the picturers!
I suspect that these are going to appear in reverse order - if at all!
JeremyB

Svengali

• Half Acre
    • Focalpoint-photo
Re: Pond Pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 20:03:34 »
YUP! - Pic 1 is at the bottom, pic 2 at the top. I knew that I would get something wrong!
JeremyB

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 23:56:27 »
Lovely!  What a great size.  I would love a big pond.  And the waterfall is great.

Svengali

• Half Acre
    • Focalpoint-photo
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 18:45:56 »
Hi Margaret - did you get my last PM? (I know the previous one seems to have disappeared)
JeremyB

Margaret

• Hectare
  • My precious granddaughter Lauren
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 22:04:04 »
Yes sorry Jeremy.I did and i was going to reply but then the site went down.Love your pond.Am very jealous.There are some pics of mine in this pond section but you would have to trawl back quite a way.No wonder you have had probs,it is very big with an open surface area.Never mind,when my plants get going you should be ok.

We have erected a gazebo this week over the raised pond to protect it from the worst of the sun.Looks great,but it does blow about a bit in the wind!!I have 15 water lily flowers out at present so very happy.Spent years waiting for them to flower like this.Now they are bursting out of their pots they are doing better than ever.Strange world!!
Margaret

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal