Author Topic: if you thought mine was bad  (Read 4676 times)

littlegem

• Acre
  • baby Evan
    • Littlegem's page
Re: if you thought mine was bad
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 18:27:44 »
great pics folks,

heldi, are u sure u don't live in a mobile home and see a different view everyday?!!!!!  lol  ;D i can't believe a house is surrounded by so many different things!!!! :o

pete, tasteful neighbours!!!   ;D

Aquilegia, one of my jobs my office is in a portacabin and the only way it would reach the cess pit for the loo was for all the window walls facing the wood sheds!!! pants!!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 14:33:12 »
I'm on the other caravan site hahaha!   No tis all views from my upstairs window. I zoomed in on the caravans and the dunes just to show you what is behind the houses. Actually saw a ship sailing past on the horizon the other day.."you is all looking like ants"...it was that small!.Can't see much from my downstairs, cept the corner of that big building we call colditz...it's not too bad though as I watch the seagulls playing on the thermals rising from the roof.  I'm in my thermals watching them!   Sometimes I see a wisp of black smoke as the children of colditz light a fire to keep themselves warm and to rid their parents of their fridges and sofas.  Sigh.

Jen. Why do people have to be so dirty? I'm infuriated for you!

petemason

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 16:01:43 »
Although I like  having a snigger or two at the neighbours expense, I should perhaps stop and consider what they think of me given that I spent half an hour this afternoon drilling drainage holes in the bottom of 10 plastic buckets for my container spuds.
I'm sure I saw the curtains twitching and my photo is probably now being discussed on www.naffgardenornaments4all.co.uk.
Oldham born, Oldham bred.
Strong inth'arm and thick inth'ead

http://mysticveg.blogspot.com/

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 16:26:32 »
my photo is probably now being discussed on www.naffgardenornaments4all.co.uk.
Real tears of laughter!!!
;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 16:30:47 by supersprout »

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2006, 18:54:59 »
Me too Sprout - and not an onion in sight  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

petemason

• Half Acre
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2006, 19:02:15 »
Bet you both clicked on it  ;D I know I did.
Oldham born, Oldham bred.
Strong inth'arm and thick inth'ead

http://mysticveg.blogspot.com/

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2006, 10:58:07 »
Bet you both clicked on it  ;D I know I did.
I did and it didn't work.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2006, 13:37:51 »
LOL LOL LOL

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2006, 14:33:32 »
Well I didn't click until I read Pete's post saying " bet you both clicked" . Why did i do that?! Baaaaaaaaaaaa!

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2006, 14:38:25 »
Shhhhhhh, I was being cool & working on the basis that no-one knew I'd clicked on.  Doh!
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2006, 22:57:11 »
Eight, yes eight bird feeders

I spotted nine Peter!   ;D
There are five hanging from the two bird tables, three on the long pole and one at the end of the trellis above the blue bowl.

This is a view taken from the back of my house showing a field with a telegraph pole.  Although it is very plain, we do get to see hares, French Partridges and pheasants as well as hundreds of pigeons.  Can you spot the hares?

One view is taken from the balcony at the front of the house and the next is taken from our paddock.

The final view is our eyesore but it belongs to us.  It is a disused poultry unit.  Part of it is used as a workshop for my husband's DIY projects for the house.  It is useful for storing things and although very clean inside, it is falling into a state of disrepair! :'(
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 23:40:14 by Paulines7 »

littlegem

• Acre
  • baby Evan
    • Littlegem's page
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2006, 11:00:25 »
pauline! that's gorgeous!   :D mind you wiltshire is nice.  do you live on a farm?

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2006, 11:04:47 »
Pauline imagine a big long appreciative whistle because that is what I did when I saw your views. Gorgeous. When can I come for my hols?  ;D

I think there is a hare left of centre near the top!

I like your out building,it looks rustic not an eyesore,to me anyway. I immediately thought the roof would look great covered in sempervivums. Be a bit of a job though as it looks massively long.

;D  ;D

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2006, 12:07:58 »
pauline! that's gorgeous!   :D mind you wiltshire is nice.  do you live on a farm?

It used to be a chicken farm and there were broilers in the chicken shed.  It fell into disuse about 20 years ago which I am pleased about as it was a battery unit.  Before we bought our house, all the equipment in the chicken shed was removed and everything cleaned so it has become very useful though a bit of a liability as the insulation in the roof is falling down in parts and several windows are smashed but have chicken wire instead.      :-\

I wouldn't call it a farm, littlegem, it is more of a smallholding.  With 1½ acres, where I have 3 large vegetable plots which double up as chicken runs on a rotation basis.  The small house for my 15 chickens is behind the runs so I can direct them where I want them.  I also have two large fruit cages.  :D :D

We are very fortunate to live here but the house needs complete modernisation and we are only about halfway through yet we have been here for almost 8 years. 

Heldi
You were right about where the hares are, there are two of them. 
The poultry unit is 239 feet long so would take a lot of sempervivums. 
When OH retires in 2 years time we hope to catch up on the modernisation, repairs, decorating etc then maybe let the house or part of the house as a holiday let.   ;D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2006, 12:14:57 »
Oooh Pauline,  you could have a  party and make it bring a bottle and some sempervivums.

littlegem

• Acre
  • baby Evan
    • Littlegem's page
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2006, 12:26:33 »
i'm so jealous pauline, i would love to have loads of land, with an orchard and a stream and a small lake with a bridge over it. i also want a small farm, like a petting farm with a bit of everything, chooks, a goat, piggies etc. and a productive veg patch.   

I shall now come out of my daydream and do a bit of work so i can have the money for my dream life!!! ;)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2006, 18:46:51 »
Fabulloso Pauline, and others in fact!  The view from my study window is the view across the street, at a row of houses!  Very exciting.  We are in the middle of farmland, but unfortunately, unless I hang out of the window, I can't see it....can smell it though when they are silage spraying!  :-X

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2006, 20:20:22 »
Pauline. Lovely, lovely. Now I know how you get all those wonderful birds. Look at all those beautiful trees everywhere. :) :)

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2006, 22:03:41 »
Sooo jealous Pauline - we overlook a factory  :( :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal