Author Topic: They do go on, don't they?  (Read 7507 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
They do go on, don't they?
« on: March 24, 2006, 17:13:17 »
And that's despite the fat flying boats of wood pigeons stomping through them daily!

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
Re: They do go on, don't they?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 17:15:02 »
Very pretty, Tim.  Don't know about going on though - mine have only just opened :).

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 17:41:58 »
What a lovely drift tim :)

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 17:51:16 »
Aha! She got my drift!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 19:27:00 »
Beautiful. My few are just opening.

laurieuk

• Hectare
  • now retired
    • laurie mansers  garden hints
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 20:53:35 »
All outdoor bulbs are about three weeks behind this year, some people are worried because their daffs etc are not showing buds yet.I grow 160 varieties of daffs and Narc. but not a single flower yet.They will come and everything will catch up.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 21:07:48 »
Tim, they are pretty crocus.  It is amazing the lateness this year isn't it?  Normally our crocus are well over by now and daffodils well and truly out.  I know by the fact it is my son's birthday tomorrow and I remember bringing him home from hospital the following day and the roads all being lined with daffodils.  There is not one in sight and ours are usually quite early. 

We have a plum tree in the front hedge that always flowers in February and no sign of it yet.  But at least we still have it to look forward to, Spring will soon be here...hopefully!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 09:09:44 »
The blackthorn just outside my plot should be covered in bloom by now; there's not a sign. Daffs are sprouting in the lane, but not a flower to be seen. The snowdrops are still going strong when they should be at their last gasp. And I can see the Easter holiday is just going to be an orgy of mad planting trying to catch up.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 14:37:52 »
The blackthorn just outside my plot should be covered in bloom by now; there's not a sign. Daffs are sprouting in the lane, but not a flower to be seen. The snowdrops are still going strong when they should be at their last gasp. And I can see the Easter holiday is just going to be an orgy of mad planting trying to catch up.

my snowdrops have all gone now  :'(  my miniature daffs are in full flow but the big lads are still growing but the buds are getting bigger.  my neighbours daffs in the front garden are in full bloom though  :o

i haven't had enough sun to fully enjoy my crocuses but i'm going to be planting them in the front garden when they're spent so hopefully next year i'll have a lovely drift like yours tim  ;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

fluffygrue

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2006, 22:54:18 »
It's all a bit weird here - we have crocuses, snowdrops and daffs all in flower!

I love crocuses, especially when they open up and show their little noses in the sun. Saw a bumblebee canoodling with some of the flowers earlier today.. Spring is in the air!

(It hit 18 degrees today, according to our temperature thingy. *boggle*)

Melanie

MutantHobbit

• Half Acre
  • There's a bl**dy great big plane near my allotment
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2006, 22:57:43 »
My bulbs are behind as well, though with the recent weather I'm not surprised! ::)  They're probably debating whether it's safe to flower yet.  It's the first time I've ever planted Tulips so I can't wait to see them bloom! ;D
Sheldon, Birmingham.  I've put the pin on Google Earth where my shed is, in the allotments.  It's in an area with a satellite photo which is cool!  You can't miss it, there's a bl**dy great big Airport next door!

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2006, 11:23:56 »
"the Easter holiday is just going to be an orgy of mad planting " -ahhhh bliss.

So far, crocus going over in exposed areas, just hanging on in the shelter under the hawthorn.  The only daffs open are the iniatures, which is just as wellas it's blowing a hoolie today.
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2006, 14:02:37 »
I'm not very keen on the cultivated crocuses, they're to big and blowsy for my taste. I like the species though, but I only have a few of those, and they're not out yet.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2006, 15:29:44 »
I have snowdrops, mini daffs, crocus and daffodils all in flower.

MutantHobbit

• Half Acre
  • There's a bl**dy great big plane near my allotment
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2006, 17:01:59 »
Sounds like you've had better weather oop there in the North.  Are you in the warm, wet, West of Scotland or the chilly, dry, East of Scotland? ???  Or maybe they didn't want to be Grawmented! ;D

Dave
Sheldon, Birmingham.  I've put the pin on Google Earth where my shed is, in the allotments.  It's in an area with a satellite photo which is cool!  You can't miss it, there's a bl**dy great big Airport next door!

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2006, 17:36:36 »
Warm West  ?  :o   ::)
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2006, 19:07:24 »
I'm in the chilly east where when a grawmentor arrives you are inexplicably cold and sad and remember all the bad things....

But my garden gets lots of TLC

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 10:16:34 »
WHO, ME? - flatten your crocuses??

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 10:57:57 »
So who ate all the pies then?
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2006, 10:58:23 »
Now we know where you got your big bird from tim :o

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal