Author Topic: Sow.....what have you sowed?  (Read 17731 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re:Sow.....what have you sowed?
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2004, 22:51:56 »
Well, mine are only small also, and I was going to, but now I have spoken to Jethro and he says once they are pencil thickness, so it looks as though they will be staying in their modules for another couple of weeks yet!  :-\  Oh well, at least it means I might have space for them on my new plot as I am fast running out of room on the main plot!  :o

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2004, 13:45:23 »
Oh drat - I forgot to experiment with putting a couple of leeks in the mini greenhouse. I think I'm too nervous of losing them yet!

All I'm waiting on now are ragged robin, ox-eye daisies, field scabious (why are wild flowers so reluctant to germinate?) and some rather old peppers, as well as the veg that I sowed last week.

Sowed 10 sunflowers, nine have come up!

I think I shall sow a few more of the wild flowers....
gone to pot :D

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2004, 14:10:26 »
In the new year, put a few Kelsae onions, a few leeks. Still in January, did some herbs, but only the parsley survived the nearly 3ft high pest/helper.

February - some onions, idol caulis, toms and chillis, flowers - cosmos, marigolds & tagetes, pansy, achillea (trying for useful companion flowers).

March - well, was neglected til the last few days of the month - flowers, herbs, broccoli, cauli, kale, brussels, cabbage, lettuce, cardoons and artichoke...

April - broad, french and runner beans, peas, melon, toms, squashes,chillis, amaranths (for grain), more leeks, celeriac.

Still got lots to sow, then transplant.

First earlies went in last week. Got overwintering allium things and broad beans. Got asparagus coming up (though another year before harvesting)
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2004, 16:14:43 »
Some potatoes

Some garlic
----"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." -Groucho Marx---

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal