Author Topic: The show must go on.  (Read 1215 times)

ACE

• Hectare
The show must go on.
« on: March 19, 2006, 11:49:52 »
I entered my few flowering daffs in the local spring show and got 3rd. We also put in some late flowering Christmas rose as there was a shortage of other blooms due to the cold, good result there, best in show.

The pots of dutch iris brightened things up a bit but we did not enter them as they were slightly going over.

The organisers did not want to cancel the show, but I have heard of a lot of others that have cancelled this year. Lets hope this spring is a one-off and we are back in bloom next year.

The good news is, when it does decide to warm up all the spring flowers will bloom at the same time. I can't wait to see them.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: The show must go on.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 15:37:48 »
Ace congratulations well done. Must get warmer soon  surely.
Lorna

Dan 2

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 16:16:03 »
Good results- well done! My local show has been put off for a month! Im hoping to do alright! Dan :-)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 17:48:47 »
Many Congrats ACE  ;D

Lishka

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 17:51:02 »
The mother-in-law told me this is the coldest March in Essex since records began...dunno where she heard that, but I could quite believe it!  Went for a stroll around their garden and in the open it was f.f.f.f.freezing!  My daffs and bluebells still haven't opened....infact the daffs are only just starting to show the slightest hint of colour.  I still have a lovely show of crocus!  BBRR...it has to warm up soooooooooooooooooooon doesn't it?!?!??

Well done Ace, best in show huh!  Well done you!

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 20:22:03 »
Same over here E-J -it seems to be the dwarf daffs coming first, we've got one lot we planted out from a pot and they're flowering and I was up at Hylands today and it's their dwarfs coming out too. Or maybe they were full size ones that thought it was too cold to stick their necks out :)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 21:01:02 »
Well done ACE! 

Nothing much showing here yet. some of the daffs by the road down in Newcastle were out but maybe that is the heat from the traffic?

Can't wait to see mine out in the garden...espesh my white daffs. Thalia I think they are...can't remember.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal