Author Topic: Your A4All 'Name'  (Read 20189 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Your A4All 'Name'
« on: March 08, 2006, 11:03:36 »
Looking through the forums i have been looking at some of the names you use on A4All. Some are straightforward (eg based on your own name), some are cryptic, and some are just plain bizare.

Would any of you care to tell us why you chose the name you want to be known by on the forum? I am not asking you to reveal your real name if you wish to remain 'anon', but some idea of 'where you are coming from' would perhaps allow ups to get to know you a bit better (and satisfy curiosity ;D).

I'll start with my own 'Garden Cadet'. OK I am a gardener so that explains the 'garden' bit. The 'Cadet' part comes from the fact i  do not consider myself a truly experienced gardener, and am still learning, so I am in gardening terms a 'Cadet'. I hope this makes sense.

Looking forward to replies.

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
Re: Your A4All 'Name'
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 11:40:31 »
Mine's easy - my gardening website is moonbells.

It should have been moonrose (combining my astronomy and gardening hobbies) but someone beat me to the .com domain, so I went for bells instead as I liked the sound of it!

I am moonrose just about everywhere else, however! Decided to stick with moonbells for this login so it matched the gardening site.

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 11:47:14 »
supersprout was my first online alias for eBay, and it seemed appropriate for this site. I sprout a lot of seeds all year round for home consumption, and they are super. That's it! NB the alias is nothing to do with Brussels Sprouts :P

sandersj89

• Hectare
  • Who me?
    • My Allotment Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 12:44:52 »
Mine is just a tag for an old hotmail address I had years ago based upon part of my name and a randon 2 numbers.

Jerry
Caravan Holidays in Devon, come stay with us:

http://crablakefarm.co.uk/

I am now running a Blogg Site of my new Allotment:

http://sandersj89allotment.blogspot.com/

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 13:02:52 »
For what it's worth, I used euronerd originally on an American (computer-related) forum, partly to identify me with 'rightpondia' and partly to add a touch of humour - lost on the Americans. Through nothing but laziness, I thought I might as well see if it worked on here (and ditto Flickr). For no good reason, I dislike such names as 'geoff72298165'.

Geoff - real name.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 13:06:59 »
I imagine this may fall into the weird category.

7 is my lucky number and crops up a lot in my life - three 7's are very lucky but I am not superstitious.

When I was younger I used to play in a lot of rock bands and have hair past my waist (not too mentioned back combed and dyed! I'm also 6'2") when I started work at my current place of employment someone said he looks like Gloria Estefan and it stuck. It go shortened to Glo and then a w got added (don't know why)

so glow777  - obvious eh?

Real name Ian!

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 13:09:47 »
I noticed that many members had taken the names of plants, nothing unusual in that. A friend suggested various names, and I liked Curry because ...

• I have a curry plant in my garden
  • I enjoy eating curry  :D

Simple really - just like me !
The impossible is just a journey away ...

Larkspur

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 13:10:14 »
Larkspur is the model name of one of my bicycles, I am a keen cyclist. It has nothing directly to do with the flower. :D

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 13:16:13 »
Hi Richard my name is Rosebud, because i love roses, so i thought it a rather nice user name.  Great thread by the way very interesting. ;D ;D

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 13:16:31 »
Tulippa because I love spring flowers.  I did check the spelling at the time but have since seen it spelt with one 'l'!

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 13:18:20 »
Guess??

Because my true names are John Francis Durham E.........., none of which were ever used!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 17:50:19 by tim »

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 13:20:41 »
loulou  my eldest daughter is called emmalouise  we call her loulou for short she loves the gardening so i used her nick name my real name is caroline the only nick name i get called is caz but that was taken i think
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 21:50:04 by loulou »

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 13:42:11 »
my name was originally Jesseveve which is a combination of my middle name and my daughters name. Everyone on the forums call me jesse so that's what I've changed it to, much easier to spell. :)
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 13:43:28 »
I rarely get called by my true name...I get "H"  "Helly"  "Hels"  and the lads at work used to call me Heldi ,and because my Dad used to use that nickname after hearing someone shout it out, I chose that one.  I guess I could have spelled it different..Heldee or Heldy but I didn't.

Helen x

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 13:56:18 »
I called myself busy_lizzie because I like them.  They are  cute little border plants, nice and colourful and I usually have them in my flower beds every year, and also because when you are a gardener in the growing season, you are always busy doing one thing or the other, trying to keep ahead of Mother Nature.  :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

dirtyfingernails

• Half Acre
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 14:34:17 »
I called myself dirtyfingernails because I'd just come in from the lottie when I first registered for the site and hadn't been able to get the dirt from under my fingernails - so there I was, trying to think of a name and looked down......

real name Fran x

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 14:40:39 »
There was me Jerry thinking the 89 was your sail number.

MikeB

Real name is 'err 'em, well ' Mike'

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 14:53:23 »
I'm called keith, but have a speech impedimant and cant say my th's properly - hence keef.
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

sandersj89

• Hectare
  • Who me?
    • My Allotment Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 15:01:34 »
There was me Jerry thinking the 89 was your sail number.

Mike, that is 2978Y.
:-)

Jerry
Caravan Holidays in Devon, come stay with us:

http://crablakefarm.co.uk/

I am now running a Blogg Site of my new Allotment:

http://sandersj89allotment.blogspot.com/

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 15:05:47 »
Haven't a clue  :). It's a family nickname - my brother and sister used to call me Bup or Bupster - so I kept it. Most forums I use my real name - Carina.
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal