Author Topic: Twiggies  (Read 7400 times)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Twiggies
« on: March 05, 2006, 20:11:17 »
Dunno if these are a seller or not. They're twiggies, made from 'erm...well, twigs.

It sort of goes and grows from left to right in the pic depending on the sticky out bits. Size is anywhere from an inch to, well tallest to-date is 8".

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Re: Twiggies
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 20:18:28 »
Here's 'Beep-Beep'.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 20:26:20 »
This is 'Ouch'. Strange name, strange bird!

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 16:14:31 »
You are soooo clever!!.....just adore 'Beep Beep' & 'Ouch'

gorgeous to look at but trying to think of a use for them to justify buying  one of each!

couldn't you somehow attach them to a cork & make them into 'fun' bottle stoppers?

H.P.

tilts

• Acre
  • Boom Boom boom Boom Esso blue!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 18:05:22 »
Would second this, really lovely little monsters!  I will never look at a twig in the same way again, Well done! :)
Tread softly or you'll tread on my dreams.....Yeats

Travman

• Half Acre
  • Castleford, West Yorkshire anybody near me
    • castown fc
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 17:32:39 »
Just love "ouch". would be a great bottle stop.
so what sort of figure's you talking Ken?

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 18:25:19 »
Ken, I also sent you an email a few days ago asking about price for ouch & beep beep... - are you receiving your emails?

cheers
mat

Travman

• Half Acre
    • castown fc
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 18:58:10 »
Fight,Fight ,fight...............     ;D

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 19:52:00 »
Thanks for the feed back, much appreciated. Not got any Emails...not unless I'm chucking 'em in the bin....I get about 60 a day...mainly rubbish stuff. If you put Twiggy in the subject line it will get my attention. Failing that, a PM with your Email and I'll get in touch from here.
I work with the material from scratch so if anyone would like a 'Twiggy bottletopper' I can make a size to suit...well, close-ish!...with what-ever colours you want. (With or without an axe in the head! After a bit of trial and lots of error I'v hit on the idea of mounting a 'Twiggy' on a 'log' base and then drilling and glueing onto a cork with a hard plastic top like is found on port bottles. This makes for a sturdier mount and is kinder to the legs of a Twiggy which are sometimes thinner than a match stick (although lots stronger.)
Just let me know what you prefere, no panic....I have quite a few pockets full of twigs.

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 22:23:12 »
No fight Travman as I am a coward and have never hit anyone (okay, I once hit my ex fiancee when he ran off with his badminton partner, but I think I was justified  :o) ... I am sure we could come to come agreement or maybe Ouch could have a twin ;D

mat

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 14:31:33 »
Thing about 'Ouch' is, he's not made as a bottletopper, he's free standing. Tell you what, I'll sort through my pocket full of twigs and see about making one or two on the lines of 'Ouch' but made for bottles and put a pic on here. Might take a few days....watch this space. (Size preference-approx- and any extra detail you'd like might help).

Travman

• Half Acre
    • castown fc
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 21:21:54 »
No fight Travman as I am a coward and have never hit anyone (okay, I once hit my ex fiancee when he ran off with his badminton partner, but I think I was justified  :o)
mat

;D Go on then, i think we can justify that one ;D

As for ouch, fair do's you enquired first .
Ken could his mother  get on the nest and make him a brother ? :P
Also thinking...(smell of burning...) A log based twin would probably be a better the option for me. sorry.

Travman

• Half Acre
    • castown fc
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 21:23:53 »
Have you thought of going on E-Bay with them Ken ?
I'm sure they would sell well.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 17:55:58 »
Not really that ambitious, Trav'. I've no intention of making a business out of it. It's a hobby that I enjoy and if I can cover my costs and make someone happy, Well, that's good enough for me.
I was playing around with bases today and came across a bag of Razor strop fungi ( http://helios.bto.ed.ac.uk/bto/microbes/armill.htm )
I collected a couple of years ago. I'm looking at making them into bases for the Twiggy's. One I've done looks quite OK.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 20:29:11 »
New kid on ( or rather off ) the block is 'Arial'.....He's up for sale but I still don't know how to work out what Twiggy's are worth. There's a fair amount of time and thought ( and pleasure) goes into every Twiggy, but putting a price on each individual isn't easy. P&P is around £3.50 but how much is Arial worth?
Like all the Twiggy's made, being made and will be made, he's unique.
Anyone want to make a bid for Arial?

Arial is now off to an art gallery to be forever immortalised on a porcelain mug!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 13:49:14 by kenkew »

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 22:36:10 »
glad you still making twiggies. i think their great. especially 'ouch'. my wee boys really keen on getting one, i may have to fight him for it. i wish you had a set price for them , i don't want to offend you. would £8 be ok?

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 17:29:19 »
what a great wee story!! whens the next instalment? my boy's want to know if it's true, although im sure it is.  ;)

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 10:30:08 »
i've got 'mummy eyes' in the back of my head which only open up when my children are naughty. which isn't very often. twiggies are gorgeous please make an 'ouch'.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 14:52:55 »
Almost an 'Ouch'...but turned into 'Pooky' on the way. More to follow.

This one has been re-christened and flown off to Scotland.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 13:50:37 by kenkew »

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 21:20:37 »
hi kenkew , can pooky come and live in our greenhouse up the plot? can we call him 'ouch'? who put the hatchet in his head? does he come to life when no-one is looking? we thing theyre great. would £8 plus postage and a donation to Dan-the-man be ok.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal