Author Topic: OH MY WORD  (Read 2015 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
OH MY WORD
« on: March 02, 2006, 21:08:11 »
The frost has absolutely ruined my lovely Camelia :'( i cannot believe it, has anyone else had any frost damage?. What on earth can i do with it. short of binning it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 00:14:10 by rosebud »

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
Re: OH MY WORD
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 21:29:03 »
we planted out a euphorbia a couple of weeks ago we bought at a garden centre and this looks like it got got too..... dont' get it, thought they were meant to be hardy??!!  ???

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 07:21:37 »
stuck some of my fuschia cuttings in the cold house and instant devastation.

one looks as good as new, the others have been clipped back to square one.  won't be trying that trick again for a while.

:'(
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 21:38:11 by MrsKP »
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 19:15:19 »
Its so annoying isen`t  it, my camelia has wintered through some cold winters but this year it has been hammered i do not know if i can save it.
And to make matters worse i have just discovered the bloody VINE WEEVIL in one of my lovely indoor plants saw the pigging thing on the wall yesterday and suddenly realised what could be wrong with my plant and sure enogh the little swines were in my plant , i have repotted with new soil and i am hoping i can save it fingers crossed for me.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 21:42:30 »
Its so annoying isen`t  it, my camelia has wintered through some cold winters but this year it has been hammered i do not know if i can save it.
And to make matters worse i have just discovered the bloody VINE WEEVIL in one of my lovely indoor plants saw the pigging thing on the wall yesterday and suddenly realised what could be wrong with my plant and sure enogh the little swines were in my plant , i have repotted with new soil and i am hoping i can save it fingers crossed for me.

oh my god, i think i'd die !  i'm bad enough with worms and slugs, letalone bugs too (you can tell i'm new to this, i still am getting used to creepy crawlies although i was talking to a mouse the other day which i suppose is progress  ;D).

trouble is, there's no way i can put anything outside now, and in here's getting a bit cramped  :P
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Deeds

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 21:32:02 »
Everything is so far behind here in Cornwall, about a month to six weeks I recon, and there doesn't seem to be any sign of a let-up, this winter has just been soooooo long :-[
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 21:34:00 by Deeds »

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 22:25:03 »
The frost has absolutely ruined my lovely Azalea  :'( i cannot believe it, has anyone else had any frost damage?. What on earth can i do with it. short of binning it.

Rosebud, my advice if you are really fond of it, is to leave it alone "and see what happens"., maybe prune it back in late spring.  I have a fantastic minature rhododendron, which is unreplaceable, as it was bought from a garden sale (some guy who is the chairman of a certain horticultural society near where my ex-partner lived) anyway, it was about 10" tall and in a pot.  Back in 2003, I went to Australia for 3 months and I told the person watching my house to ignore my garden as any rain would be sufficient... I didn't count on 38 degree temperatures, and unfortunately the "person" didn't take the inititive to water my pots.  I came home to amazingly everything being okay EXCEPT my beloved rhododendron which looked dead... I dunked it in water, didn't prune it, just left it for a year, hoping with watering that it would be okay (to be honest even I was thinking there was no chance.  Well, someone was listening, as a year later small shoots appeared from the base, and now it is just as good as before I went to Oz, albeit slightly smaller at the moment.  Rhodos and Azaleas are very resilient, I think it will recover from frost damage.

mat

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal