Author Topic: Kitchen Garden magazine  (Read 2414 times)

gardening giraffe

• Quarter Acre
  • Don't you just love eating veggies!
Kitchen Garden magazine
« on: February 20, 2006, 18:04:48 »
Has anyone bought the Kitchen Garden Magazine??? I have had the last 3 issues and I think it has fantastic tips for allotments and  some free Gardeners Delight Tomatoes in this month's issue. What does anyone else think about the magazine??  :)
Lisa xx

flower

• Half Acre
  • loves music almost as much as plants
Re: Kitchen Garden magazine
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 18:14:44 »
I am a subscriber to the kitchen garden mag and i think its brill loads of sensible advice and ideas and of course free seeds with it during the growing season what  more could u ask for :) :)
i am an angel really honest  wink wink

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 18:41:27 »
I think it really is the best magazine; the advice is great, it's written in non patronising manner, it's great for beginners and those more "advanced" it is non biased and when reviewing, gives options from low to high cost.  The advice is useful and relevant and gives enough information without needing "more" to do the job.  For some reason, I don't have a subscription, but I must do so...  I love it and have bought it for about 10 years...   (I have only had an allotment for a few months, but grew a few things in the garden and dreamed of my own plot/land someday!

mat

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 22:51:04 »
I often commute to London and back from Peterborough  >:(. One of the great treats at the start of the month getting a copy of KG at Kings Cross to enjoy all the way up North ;D! Agree with all mat has said, because it's monthly helps remind you of priorities this month, covers stuff like planting by the moon as well as practical features on e.g. kale and spuds. Good value.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 22:52:40 by supersprout »

fluffygrue

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 11:07:05 »
I found it's a reliably good magazine, definitely worth a read. (I was chuffed at picking up a years' worth at a car boot sale for £1. :D)

Melanie

Gordon

• Quarter Acre
  • Crewe, Cheshire
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 18:44:24 »
Hi

I bought my first issue of the magazine the one with the tomatoes on the cover as I have just got an allotment i found absolutely brilliant, full of advice for new lottie owners like my self i've read it from cover to cover OUTSTANDING.

Gordon
Crewe, Cheshire

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 17:12:03 »
:)This mag sounds great but where do you get it ? there is'nt a decent newsagent in Yate  :(    I found the best one available is Gardeners News
down to earth (excuse pun) it's not gone all usless and glossy yet I bought
Gardeners World last week for the vidio and regreted it :'(
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 18:00:30 »
hello marg, you can subscribe at http://www.kitchengarden.co.uk/  :)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 22:58:24 »
Have to agree.  I love Kitchen Garden magazine, it is the only mag I have delivered.  It is great to see it on the door mat every month, usually with free seeds attached.  busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 02:02:21 »
Yes it's a great mag, again I'm not a subscriber, but pick it up in WH Smith. They did a revue of plant labels a couple of years back, and was really pleased to have my label making kits included, and shown to be the cheapest aluminium labels in the survey. See E-Buygumbay if you want a look at my Victorian Garden Labels. Any orders through A4A gets a donation to Dan to help the website.

Brian

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 20:54:38 »
Thanks supersprout I have noted web address  :D
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal