Author Topic: Busy members.  (Read 1227 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Busy members.
« on: February 24, 2006, 18:10:34 »
Crikey, you have all been busy. (well so it seems). I have been unable to be on the site, other than a few minutes to answer PM's and emails for the past few days. This has been due to me compiling my son's accounts for his VAT!! Normally they take me say one and a half days but this week I have had so many visits (mostly the kids) and phone calls I just haven't had a clear run at them. An old friend rang and said "I am in town can I come for a cuppa..?" I was delighted to see her, had a real good gossip but another afternoon gone.
Anyhow this afternoon I have been catching up on all the posts (the smoking ban took a while to get through ;D)
I would just like to make an apology, I notice there are a few new members and also a few birthdays that I have missed. SO welcome all new members and Happy Birthday, even though the wishes are late to the people I have missed.
I now have a clear run until Grandson who started up business (mechanic) on his own asks "Can you do my books please Nan" 
How nice to still be of use in my getting old age. Love to all..... Lorna.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: Busy members.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 19:13:25 »
Wish you had been around to do mine before I retired last year!!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 20:24:38 »
Tim My son sometimes comments that I seem busier since  retirement than when I worked. Ah but!! what a pleasure it is to be able to spend as much time in the garden as I want and to stop for my colossal intake of tea . I must admit I really enjoy the book keeping, I also do books for a couple of friends so I keep my hand in!!.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 23:12:14 »

How nice to still be of use in my getting old age. Love to all..... Lorna.

Lorna you are our Rock our Keystone and we loves ya...OK? ;)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 23:23:32 »
HIYA! I really admire anyone who can number-crunch. I'll be calling on you for help while I have to count backwards this weekend for Dan2 - Wizz is going to do the graphics, I think......

;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 23:27:38 »
Roy Now now you old flatterer just cos we have the same breed of dog. :)
Rock? I have just finished reading  A Royal Duty... Paul Burrell. He was supposedly Princess Diana's rock wasn't he? so can I please offer myself as an after dinner speaker at £3000 per time?

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 23:53:30 »
who started up business (mechanic)
id love to be a mechanic but my dad keeps talking me out of it iv looked into going to collage this year to do it with my sister and brother but we shall see . dose your grandson do cars or bikes

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 08:17:05 »
Hi loulou. Lee my eldest Grandson is 20 this year, he worked as a Sat boy washing cars etc when he was still at school in the garage next to where they live. He was then offered a job as a trainee mechanic. He passed all his exams for Skoda and Diahatsu (sp?) . He saved hard and equipped himself with about £4000 worth of tools. My son (his Dad) has a sign makers business and also sells cars in a small way. When Lee recently said he would like to start his own business his Dad changed premises and rented  a garage where there is a workshop and plenty of room for his Dads business. So they both work  from the same premises. It will take time to build up the business but he is a worker and so far things are going along steadily. He has only been going about three months.
Nice for me to have my own personal mechanic ;D!! I am very proud of him.
Oh yes Lee also went to college one day a week on the college release system.
Good luck with your dream.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal