Author Topic: holistic pet help  (Read 1540 times)

flower

• Half Acre
  • loves music almost as much as plants
holistic pet help
« on: February 21, 2006, 12:26:37 »
Hi having just come back from the dog grooming parlour with my white German shepherd Jed i have been looking for help re holistic etc re making the dogs how can i put it  doo dahs ::) drop
As yet they haven't moved to where they should be , the vet said a  couple of months bk they if they didn't soon it would be time for them to be whipped out but having chatted to the lady at the parlour who breeds dogs she says no need to do it till after he is about 1 yr but also said she had success with giving the dog a supplement which did the job does anyone know anything re this?? all advice welcome
i am an angel really honest  wink wink

joji

• Hectare
Re: holistic pet help
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 13:08:40 »
Hi Flower

How old is the dog?

flower

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 13:10:02 »
hi joji  hes 7 month old

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 13:23:49 »
He is not old enough to have " the op. " yet flower.

He is going to be a big dog and I would say to leave him till he is over 1 year old.

Males take longer to mature than girls do in dogs. More so in big dogs. I would leave him most vets these days would sooner have your dog "done " before they are ready I don't get any of my boys done till 18 months.

Just keep an eye on his lower area they will drop when they are ready but in big dogs it is not usually before 8 months.

You can't give him anything to make them drop either.  :)

Time is all you need. Hope this puts your mind at rest Flower. :)

flower

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 18:01:09 »
Thank you very much for your postings joji :) it certainly does help put my mind at rest cos i was worried the poor dog would have to learn to bark falsetto ;D joking apart it was a serious concern at least i need not worry for a while now  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal