Author Topic: Please don't laugh too loud!!  (Read 1578 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Please don't laugh too loud!!
« on: February 19, 2006, 22:20:46 »
As a lot of you are aware I have been trying very hard to entice birds in to my garden.
Yesterday I forgot to get more "fat balls" so I thought I will make one. I rendered down some fat put some sultanas and nuts in to the liquid.(Hope that is OK) I then poured
the liquid in to a plastic tumbler, forgetting to make a small hole to thread string through. So I just dangled the string down to the bottom of the tumbler, it immediately floated to top,Next brilliant idea I put an old teaspoon  in to hold string down until it started  to set..As usual in my house kids turned up, had to make cuppas so without thinking I popped the whole thing in to the freezer., forgetting to remove the teaspoon!!!!!!! Managed to remove the ball from the tumbler but teaspoon is now being used as a foothold by the birds when they are at the "ball".
I know I know it must be my age. The kids thought it was hilarious when the looked out the window today.    Lorna

Tulipa

• Hectare
Re: Please don't laugh too loud!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 22:36:38 »
Lorna, the birds will be really pleased that someone has been thoughtful enough to provide a perch for them, it will be so much easier to get at their food.  The kids shouldn't be laughing!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 22:51:41 »
tulippa. I must admit I fell about laughing when I took the ball out of the freezer, no way was that spoon coming out. Good job it is an old one..We all have a funny sense of humour, a legacy from their Dad. Anyhow it is being eaten so I might make more.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 22:53:44 »
Lorna, you have done so much for the birds over the past few weeks so I hope you get rewarded soon.   :D :D :D

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 23:38:25 »
Hahahahaha!!! that made me laugh Lorna  ;D ;D ;D, sort of thing i would do LOL.
be in touch tomorrow Mon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal