Author Topic: Grow Your Own Magazine  (Read 3718 times)

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
Re: Grow Your Own Magazine
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 23:12:57 »
  http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/

should get you there   ;)
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 23:36:57 »
Check out the layout of the opening page of their forum.

Look familiar?
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Justy

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2006, 09:24:49 »
I have subscribed to GYO since the first issue and I have subsequently bought all of the KG mags at a carboot (about 100 mags for £2!!) and I have to say I prefer the KG mag.  I keep meaning to cancel the GYO sub because to be honest 100+ gardening mags is enough for anyone I think and the information is basically the same over and over - only new varieties change.  Having said that I have enjoyed GYO so I hope you do too.  The previous thread re GYO was about a year ago when someone got a curt reply from the editor and the thread turned into a bit of a GYO roasting so don't be put off by that!

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2006, 18:38:47 »
You don't need Magazines!
Bill Sowerbutts was your man! Dead for 15 yrs. of course but if you can still find the seed variety he recommended - go for it. (google him)
Flavour over yield!
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

tin can

• Half Acre
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2006, 19:10:41 »
Bill Sowerbutts...never heard of him... (gardener's question time???) .tell me more!! flavour over quantity always!!!  ;D
  Back to the thread.... It's a good magazine!  we have had an allotment for 20yrs and its still good to keep up to date with what is going on. Always fun to try new veg/fruit and makes a change to be given recipies for what you have grown . Is so easy to get into a rut. Must never forget that this has a site for new growers who need lots of basic help..anyone with more than a couple of years of experience has loads to offer. Cab has given some very useful advice and is obviously a very experienced grower. Everyone has to start somewhere (or be put off!!!)
 We are starting on a new site with very different soil conditions , so we can now grow fruit for the 1st time. This magazine has been so helpful..aswell as their grapevine. We all need as much help as we can get..whether newbies or oldies!!! ;D Do join in.....

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2006, 20:43:52 »
Interested in your reply tin can.
I don't wish to be disrespectful with regard to anyone who wishes to take magazines.
I subscribed to KG for a year & am a member of their website but it's not as lively or informative as this one!
If you've been an allotment holder for 20yrs. & haven't heard of Bill - well? what can one say?
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2006, 21:12:04 »
Maybe too young Telboy?

tin can

• Half Acre
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2006, 22:13:32 »
Mmm ...or toobusy with a fulltime job and 2 kids>>>etc etc....any help always welcome!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal