Author Topic: Arum italicum "Pictum"  (Read 1854 times)

Larkspur

• Acre
Arum italicum "Pictum"
« on: February 12, 2006, 17:14:57 »
I am about to split up a very large clump of this attractive plant. Anyone who want's some please let me know in the next two or thee days swops appreciated but not necessary.

Jitterbug

• Hectare
  • Dance as if no one is watching...
    • Leighton Lottie
Re: Arum italicum "Pictum"
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 17:49:43 »
Hello Larkspur

I would love a bit of this.  I looked it up on google and its also known as lords and ladies.  It looks a bit like an indoor plant we use to have in South Africa called a crows foot.  Don't know it by any other name.  I have just the right spot down my alley for it. 

My trade list is listed lower down - have a look and let me know your fancy - flower or vegetable.

Let me know is you want to swop and I'll send you my PM.
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning....

Larkspur

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 18:00:36 »
Hi Jitterbug,
some of yor Allium Purple seeds would be nice. PM me your address and I'll get a lump of the Arum in the post to you.

agapanthus

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 18:03:04 »
It's a woodland plant, very pretty but extremely poisonous.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 18:50:23 »
Lords and Ladies is, but a lot of arums actually seem to do better in the sun, though they're pretty adaptable. They seem to do well anywhere in my garden, though I can't flower A. creticum for some reason.

Larkspur

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 18:58:48 »
Arum maculatum is our native woodland "lords and ladies". Arum italicum needs a degree of sun to produce its best show of berries.

Jitterbug

• Hectare
  • Dance as if no one is watching...
    • Leighton Lottie
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 19:21:38 »
Thanks Larkspur - you've got yourself a deal.  Alto I don't have much left - must remember to take it off the list.  Are you sure that's all you want?  I have sent you my PM.  Let me have your PM so that I can pop your seed in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks to the others for their suggestions.  The position I had in mind is west facing and does get a bit of afternoon sun.  Once the creeper has grown over the trellis in Summer it should get the same effect as a woodland setting??? ??? 

And I'll remember not to take a bite of it ;D  Have no small children so no problem with that one. ;D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 19:32:00 by Jitterbug »
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning....

Larkspur

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 12:47:10 »
This swop is now closed. Thanks for the swops it generated. ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal