Author Topic: Great Day Out  (Read 1645 times)

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
Great Day Out
« on: January 31, 2006, 15:06:19 »
I posted about the Snowdrop days at Hodsock Priory last year, but too late to be of much use to anyone wanting to visit. Anyway they opened this weekend, and are open until the 5th. of March. Have a look at their website;
www.snowdrops.co.uk

It's a fantastic little place, and they have a nice cafe too.

Brian

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: Great Day Out
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 08:50:24 »
Gardenantics. Thank you for putting that link up. I have just spent several minutes viewing the whole site. Lovely. I have book marked it for future reference..
Lorna

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 09:00:23 »
It's dead easy to find too!, if you can put up with the A1 that is, it's got a map on the site so you can't go wrong.

Brian

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 22:13:28 »
Visited Hodsock Priory today, nice weather, lots of people there, but it didn't seem that busy in the grounds, until you tried to get a cuppa! Abandoned the refreshments and looked around the whole grounds before heading off to a nice tea-room in nearby Bawtry. Nice day had by all.

Brian

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 22:19:16 »
oh I love Hodsock. Been every year for several now.

Some photos of 2000-02 at http://www.moonrose.freeserve.co.uk/gallery/Hodsock/hodsock.html
though not many - ought to update it really.  Have hundreds!

Also have a nice collection of Galanthus S. Arnott now thanks to them.  I buy a plant every time I go, and they increase well so I've got 2-3 terracotta potsful now.

(I keep my specimen ie non-nivalis or Elwesii snowdrops in terracotta pots with a gritty compost/leafmould mix and grit topping.  They thrive in it, and I stack the pots on their rims each summer while the plants are dormant -  must get some piccies of those, too)

I should be going next weekend if the weather holds. Possibly Sunday.

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal