Author Topic: insurence  (Read 2308 times)

sid

• Half Acre
insurence
« on: February 08, 2006, 10:38:34 »
hi as a new allotment assoc can u tell me if we need insurancs or not the council
will cover us for public liabitly only on the road not on any other part of the allotment and if we do need insurence can any one tell me wher is the best place to get it we have got 14 plots on the site but only around 6 ar in the assoc the other lot wont come to any meetings or even talk about it so if we got insurence do we have to cover those who wont join the assoc thanks

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: insurence
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 11:35:29 »
Hi Sid, Our Allotment Association is insured through the NSALG, but this just includes our Allotment Shed, where we hold our Shop and if our members are involved in any accidents on Site.  We did have member's sheds included but the premium just became too high.  We have an exterior fence but have to have a contingency fund for that.  The threat from vandals is so great and you can only do so much in protecting the site that it just becomes too expensive to get certain things insured. Our members pay through their annual subscription. I would  get in touch with the NSALG and they can give you some advice.  Just google and you will be able to get onto their web site.   :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Berty

• Not So New ...
  • Slugs.. Why I oughta!!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 14:13:26 »
Hi Sid,

Our Society is insured via NSALG.

http://www.nsalg.org.uk/ Look in the "Services" tab
I haven't said this before but I'm going to say it now..I like double digging!
www.mrmattock.blogspot.com

sid

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 14:12:36 »
thanks for the info will have a look c how mutch it will cost

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal