Author Topic: So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night  (Read 2882 times)

Yellow Petals

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
« on: February 07, 2006, 19:11:16 »
Hello mateys,

I have popped in to say goodbye (in case the title didn't give you a clue, hehe)

Been thinking for a while now that this shouldn't really be the forum for me.  I don't have an allotment and I'm not a gardening whizz - my back garden has barely been touched since 1926.  I have to take an elephant gun out there with me these days just to feed the birds.  I joined because Rosebud told me what a fabulous board it was (is) and how nice the people were (are .... well, most of 'em anyway) and I had fully intended to discipline myself into sorting out my gardens and be part of this lovely growing, nature loving community (well, I do still love nature!) but alas, it hasn't happened and I became part of the non-gardening area of furniture here! LOL  I don't have anything to contribute cept on the Wildlife, Gallery, Shed and Watershed areas (and sometimes in the puter area if I can answer someone's problem) Such small areas for such a varied subject. 

When I do kick my own backside into gear and turn my rainforest into a decent garden, I can call upon my own gardening genius called Rosebud and my dad for the information and help I need (you'll be looking forward to that, mum, won't you?)  ;D  I even get free plants (I just can't seem to keep them alive) Maybe when I become a dab hand, I'll pop back and show you the before and after pictures (will you all still be around in 2015?)

If Dan doesn't lock the door too quickly behind me, I shall still take regular peeks into the gallery, I does like pictures, I does.  Will also be emailing Rosebud my usual array of stunning jokes to stick in Watershed  ;D ;D  Glyn, I shall be looking out for yours! 

I frequent other boards that I can easily babble away on, there's no need for me to do it here.  I belong to a couple of 'anything goes' type boards and also a couple of War Against Terrorism/Iraq/UK boards so I can babble, get hot headed and debate on those rather than do it on A4A which is and should remain a garden/allotment based board!   Plus of course, I can debate quite easily on the other boards without the children stamping their feet and spouting "bigots, racists, ring wing do gooders, loonies, geriatrics" (and by the way, Muslim is a faith, not a race so the racist card not really apt!) and all that kerfuffling.  I like debating with grown ups not people with the personality of a dialling tone (but thank god they mostly remain on the 'other side', eh?  If only one or two others would go join 'em) 

Ooops, bit off topic, hehehe. 

So, thank you all for making me very welcome.  Thanks for all of the useful information (yes, I have taken quite a lot of it in even if I haven't done anything about it yet, lol) and I wish you all everything you desire for 2006 and beyond ...... !  ;D

Blimey, I've given old Dicky Attenborough a run for his money with this post!  War & Peace ain't got nuthin' on me!  ;D

All the best to you mateys, take care, byeeeeeeee
SamLouise aka Yellow Petals

PS Before somebody says it, no it's not a post to see how many people will beg me to stay!  It doesn't matter if no-one answers or if 50 people answer.  I have chosen to leave because I want to.  I have been thinking about it for a while but couldn't make myself do it because it's nice here!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 14:05:10 by Yellow Petals »

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
Re: So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 19:14:44 »
YP,

A shame to see you go - hopefully the draw will be too much, and on one of your visits to have a look the urge to participate will be to much.

Thanks for the memories.

Dan

Yellow Petals

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 19:16:09 »
Dan, I thank you.

You have created a wonderful site here with a lovely community.   You should be proud of yourself :)

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 19:20:24 »
It's a shame to see you go YP as you've been a member here for a long while, hope you do pop in and post occasionally though. All the best :)
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Glyn

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 19:28:17 »
??? :o :(

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 19:40:57 »

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 19:47:09 »
Ooooooooooooohhhhh.............flip :(

Understand, tho.....

But perhaps when I can 'vocalise' my PC probs your mum can give you a yell and you can look in?

Take care, and be careful when you step outside - it's a jungle out there ;D ;D ;D

Lishka

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 20:01:10 »
Gone but certainly not forgotten....just promise one thing, YP...just this one...You'll pop in for a peek now and then....??

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 20:07:04 »
Petals - SO SAD! = Tim

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 20:11:59 »
You may not believe this but I am sorry to see you go YP.  I for one do not think this is a board exclusively about gardening.  I think it is a board for those who are interested in gardening.  That does not preclude people who, for whatever reason, are unable to garden, nor does it preclude those who are interested in gardening from discussing anything.  I think there is only one member that should never darken this site ever again and it is a worm that thinks glows in the dark but really just spreads darkness about for darkness' sake.  No matter who else I disagree with on here - one thing I do trust is that their heart is in the right place.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 20:18:01 »
Sam, really sorry you have come to this decision.  I do appreciate it has been "difficult" for you recently taking the bulk of the flakk but I think RedC made a couple of good points (a) in that the site surely isn't purely for growers and especially (b) about "heart in the right place" i.e. honest opinions.

I know you mean this to be "The End" but maybe just maybe we will see the sequel "What Sam Did Next"  :-*
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 20:38:42 »
Sorry to hear you are leaving us Sam, but a change is as good as a rest so they say, I’m sure the boat will still be afloat if you return, we keep filling in the cracks and it’s as good as new.  ;)

Bye for now. :)

Dan 2

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 20:40:51 »
Im very sad to see you go, one that contributes greatly to the site, you will be missed. With warmest regards, Daniel

Glowworm

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 20:53:59 »
Yellow Petals...
Plus of course, I can debate quite easily on the other boards without the children stamping their feet and spouting "bigots, racists, ring wing do gooders, loonies, geriatrics" (and by the way, Muslim is a faith, not a race so the racist card is not really apt, k?) and all that crap.  I like debating with grown ups not people with the personality of a dialling tone 

What a breath of fresh air you are Samantha Louise! Congratulations for wanting to graduate to the Real World! What a break-through in your maturing process! Are you available for marriage?

redclanger...
I think there is only one member that should never darken this site ever again and it is a worm that glows in the dark but really just spreads darkness about for darkness' sake. 

That is not a fair summation of my debating contributions here. Rather than take issue with my various arguments by tearing them apart - all of you instead chose to attack me with rabid fervour for expressing opinions which did not sit comfortably with you.

But I have come to recognise the fact, (all but belatedly), that this is most certainly not the sort of forum site for political and religious brawling - and I do apologise for not having recognised this sooner.

A great number here want this site to be a quiet backwater of peace and tranquillity far from the stress and tensions of heated debate.

And so, ladies and gentlemen, I bid thee farewell.

Come, Samantha Louise - take my arm and let us depart for more fruitful shores where the aborigines are not so averse to a little animated discussion upon worldly matters...  ;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 20:58:28 by Glowworm »

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006, 21:04:27 »
:'(

Am very sad to see you go YP, have enjoyed your posts very much.
Will not beg and plead, I respect your decision, but drop in now and again?

;)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 21:19:36 »
Samantha, i shall give you a good talking to tomorrow, and sort you out . :P

I am sure you will miss all this so much you will get withdrawal symptoms and yearn to join us once again, night night see you tomorrow.

Like Arnie you WILL be back. ;D ;D

PS do not go with strange flamers  to aborigine shores, you won`t like it,and you will get into trouble,Mmmmm!!!!!!!!.

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 21:43:34 »
So sorry YP. You've been a true ray of sunshine!
Heartfelt best wishes.
Telboy
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

grassroots

• Half Acre
  • If at first you dont succeed GIVE UP.
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 21:52:50 »
YP, sorry to see that you are going .I will miss your joke's you made me laugh a few time's when i was feeling down. Thank's

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006, 22:03:09 »
Huge shame Sam, all the best to you. Hope you'll be back. You don't have to be gardener of the year to be here, but you know that.

One of the best things about this site is the cameraderie, the good vibes that go out when people have bad times, the congrats when they have good times.

So that means you'll be missed! Dan does a fab job, and speaking as a immigrant from the BBC sites, it's the best here.

Take care, come back soon,

CLx

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2006, 22:09:25 »
Ah!!  Samatha, It is true you have been a ray of sunshine on this Site.  You have kept all of us on our toes with jokes and sparkling chat and you will be such a miss. It hasn't mattered in the slightest that your chat hasn't been about gardening, as you have contributed in so many other brilliant ways.  Your Mum must keep us informed on how you are doing and please come back soon when you are able. love busy_lizzie  :'(
live your days not count your years

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal