Author Topic: 99p fruit bushes  (Read 2522 times)

adrianhumph

• Acre
  • Camberley, Surrey.
99p fruit bushes
« on: January 28, 2006, 10:00:25 »
Hi all,  :D
               I know it`s sad to admit to receiving the ALDI e-mail with next weeks offers on , but sometimes it is worth it. From the 2nd of Feb, fruit & flowering bushes are on at 99p ;D.I bought some blackcurrants last year & they have grown well & I am looking forward to a crop this year. Get there early they sell out FAST.

Adrian.

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
Re: 99p fruit bushes
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 10:14:34 »
Not sad to admit at all Adrian a bargain is a bargain is a bargain
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

agapanthus

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 10:27:39 »
Thanks adrian...will get me tent out and camp outside ;D

Columbus

• Hectare
    • A Duel of Delight and Desperation Index page
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 17:18:31 »
Hi Adrian, Hi all  :D

Not sad at all. I have about 14 fruit bushes, some roses and 6 trees that were "stick in a bag" bargains. I couldn`t afford to buy mature plants so this works for me. The gooseberry bushes seem to mature and produce fruit quickest but all my baby bushes produced a little fruit last year and I`m expecting more this year as they all seem healthy. Some are now approaching three years old as they were the first things I planted whilst clearing the plot.

Enjoy  :D, Col
... I am warmed by winter sun and by the light in your eyes.
I am refreshed by the rain and the dew
And by thoughts of you...

Diana

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 17:56:18 »
Thought I'd bring this back to the top, seeing as today's the day.

I picked up a couple of rasps earlier - Autumn fruiting + one I'd never heard of.
Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert

pakaba

• Half Acre
  • Smile, Life's too short to worry about weeds :-)
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 18:52:11 »
Hi
Thanks for the tip ;D,

I got 2 Blackcurrent. 2 Red current, 1 Rasberry (I just bought some others from garden centre a week ago >:( )   and 2 Tayberry, which i have never heard of so am going to start a thread asking for advice :)

Pakaba
reduce, re-use, recycle.

misterphil

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 08:58:19 »
I sent my father in law down as I work(!) - he managed to get 3 red currants, 4 blck currants, 5 gooseberries and 3 tayberries - apparaently he recieved a lot of glares! (ho hum!)

They were sold out by 9.05. He tells me he did try to get some more currants, and even though he was second in the queue he did'nt manage to get any at all

Oh well, now I have to find the time to plant them all
The problem with being an IT teacher is that all those kids get in the way of my interaction with the computers.

stuffed

• Half Acre
  • Hi from Milton Keynes
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 10:28:45 »
My parents went down and picked up 1 gooseberry, 5 tayberries, and a whole load of raspberries (both summer and autumn). I'd already bought some raspberries about 2 days before I found out about this offer >:( but I'm taking some of the tayberries from them.
They also got a few glares.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal