Author Topic: Hurrah!  (Read 1759 times)

bananagirl

• Half Acre
    • Bananagirl's Blog
Hurrah!
« on: February 02, 2006, 10:16:21 »
I've my first snowdrop up ;D They are all starting to pop up all over the place, as well as the daffys and whatever else my flatmate planted. Can't wait to see them in all their glory.
Nothing rhymes with orange...
http://downamongtheflowers.blogspot.com/

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: Hurrah!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 10:42:35 »
They are lovely aren't they bananagirl?  Ours are out too now and some of the other spring shoots are poking through, though the weather is stil dire here.  We have had horrible freezing fog this week. busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 12:41:47 »
Aren't they just SO beautiful  :D  Singles or doubles?  Heralds of Spring!

I just love this time of year in the garden ...

hamamelis, winter jasmin, viburnum, lonicera, sarcococca ...   mmm ...what scent ;D
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 12:59:50 »
thanks for this bananagirl, on a day when the sky hasn't been painted in  >:( your first snowdrop is a lovely picture!  ;D

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 13:26:02 »
Seeing this thread I just went out to look for mine and they are all hidden under shrubs that have grown really well this year.  I will have to try and move them once the ground is less frozen.  Enjoy yours Bananagirl, the first snowdrops are one of the great pleasures of a garden. :)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 18:23:11 »
Snowdrops, crocuses, winter jasmine + wallflower are showing chez moi.

bananagirl

• Half Acre
    • Bananagirl's Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 09:27:11 »
Mine are all singles. I decided to start slowly as I've never grown them before, but I bought about 30 bulbs and planted them in clumps around the garden. It's fun searching them out, trying to remember where I put them all. I am just so pleased that they all are poking their heads out!
Nothing rhymes with orange...
http://downamongtheflowers.blogspot.com/

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 19:11:34 »
I have about 30 doubles; I once had 300. Unfortunately our neighbourhood kleptomaniacs turned out to be obsessive about double snowdrops, and that's where my problems with them really began. They disappeared at a rate of knots; other things started disappearing later. Subsequently they claimed that my Flore pleno were 'their' Lady Elphinstone, a rare and unnaturally hideous yellow variety which, according to them, is completely unobtainable (not true) and thus could only have come from their garden.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal