Author Topic: Clean, no longer green  (Read 1749 times)

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
Clean, no longer green
« on: February 22, 2006, 19:51:28 »
Just finished my least favourite allotment job today - cleaning and sterilising the greenhouse. Of course the biggest part of the job is clearing out things that were just left in there after last season and, after furtively turning the water supply on (NOT supposed to do that before the end of March), attending to the various hose fittings that hadn't survived the winter. After that, plain sailing: a thorough spray inside and out with Jeyes, a swift cup of tea, then hose it all off. The second biggest part of the job is going over all the bits I've missed which, as I stand inside, are all on the outside, and while I'm on the outside, see some more bits which are on the inside. And it's surprising how rigid a hosepipe becomes when it's full of water about two degrees above freezing. I hung it on its hook after use and it leapt straight off again and resumed its coiled up position on the floor. However, it's done now, thank goodness.

Geoff.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
Re: Clean, no longer green
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 20:12:30 »
I need to do this job too.

Tomorrow or Friday methinks...

Debs

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 13:16:43 »
Urghhh-cleaning the glass outside is my least favourite job. One house has a pretty high roof so I stand there with a squeegy mop taped to a long pole-how come they never show these things on TV?

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 19:22:41 »
It makes me feel loads better when I realise I just have the one to do, and not rows of the things like some nurseries and garden centres.

Geoff.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal