Author Topic: allotment question  (Read 2419 times)

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
allotment question
« on: January 22, 2006, 22:07:33 »
im in stretford manchester and grow veg in the garden but  i would love to hold an alottment how do i go about getting one plesae help
 ??? ???

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: allotment question
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 12:42:29 »
Easy-find your nearest site and ask. I`m not being faceitious. Years ago I would have said contact the council but I have not had a lottie for some years now and things may have changed.

loulou

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 13:42:14 »
thank you cleo iv stood at the gate (thay lock it when in r out ) and waited for some body to come out but i seen to get asked to move on by a poilte person who says i should not be hanging around here ( im only 25 so i think thay think im up to no good )
 ???iv stood and iv tryied telling the kind person who askes me to move on what my reason is for being there but to no avail just seeing if all i have done is all that can be done thank you once agin ;D

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 13:45:36 »
Our local council has a list of allotment sites and which has vacancies, does yours?  Also John Prescott's office website has lots of allotment info on it.  Worth a try.

There are other people in Manchester that post on this site, hopefully someone can help.

loulou

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 23:00:33 »
thank you tulippa i will look at the web site when i finish this thank you to you
 ;D ;D

loulou

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 13:14:25 »
to all who gave advice on how to get a lottie i must say a very big thank you  iv spent all morning on the phone  speaking to site Representatives and I'm going to view a half plot on sunday morning i mus say thank you again to you all because i would off had no idea what to do next  once again thanks would it be OK if we put up photos of  how it looks now and when we have veg growing  thanks again  loulou ;D ;D :-*

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 13:28:56 »
of course! post away. we love seeing pictures
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

loulou

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 13:46:25 »
thank you ill get new batteries for the digi cam and when taken them ill leave the technical part (posting picks ) to the husband as I'm sure he is going to leave the gardening to my has he dose not know his trowel from his spade just like i don't now my megabit form my ram space   ;D

spacehopper

• Hectare
  • Its a jungle out there...
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 16:01:55 »
Glad you got a plot, looking forwards to seeing the pictures.  ;D
Make the most of today, because you'll never have it back again.

loulou

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 21:29:42 »
i drove down to the allotments when my other half came in what a shock he got (i told him i was going on the waiting list ) and then told him i got one  my kids thought it was gr8 that she can put her veg in its own space and she has already asked if she can grow more she wants to put potatoes in and purple broccoli and iv got to go to the seed shop tomorrow and get as many carrots as i can for her to grow i don't know who's more excited her r me  :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal