Author Topic: Happy Birthday, Robert Brenchley  (Read 6292 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Re: Happy Birthday, Robert Brenchley
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2006, 23:24:28 »
Dear Robert, i do wish you and your family all the very best and hope your problems are soon sorted.  My condolences to you both on your loss.

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2006, 23:47:43 »
Dear Robert, my family spent nearly 25 years in Africa, for the most part amongst unrest, I SO appreciate what you are going through.

Love and prayers for you, Namissa, and your families.
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2006, 23:18:57 »
Thanks. What part of Africa, and when?

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2006, 00:11:34 »
East.  We lived in Nairobi.  Arriving shortly after Mau Mau, and seeing the troubles through and beyond Independence.   Later my parents continued onto Zambia, I returned home to continue my education.

In all we did approx 25 years in that part of the world, we witnessed much sadness, yet also much joy.

I have always said that once Africa gets under your skin, it is there for life.  I will return some day, and take my family, to see an exceptional country.  (preferably without the tourists!)

take care,
FL
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2006, 09:32:05 »
Very difficult situation for everyone.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal