Author Topic: Foxes again  (Read 3278 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Foxes again
« on: February 28, 2004, 14:07:06 »
Went down to the lottie today for a few hours hard digging, and there was another plottie holder doing much the same.  Around lunch time he went, but I wasn't alone.  Foxey came back.  I was sitting on my compost heap having a cuppa and had left my gloves on my new patch.  The b*gger pinched one of my gloves and legged it, then he came back and litterally came right to me.  I could do nothing to shoo him away, he is very very friendly.  Actually, made me a touch nervous, big brave girl that I am.  So, tell me, how many people have been savaged by foxes on their allotment?

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
Re:Foxes again
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 15:50:15 »
i haven't met my fox yet but i'm assuming i have one and they are responsible for the part share in a chicken i discovered i had acquired last week!

i wouldn't get too close and definitely don't leave anything out that it would eat and become convinced taht you are feeding it, don't give it a reason to bother you.....

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 16:19:48 »
Mine sits in the bushes and smokes 60 Marlborough reds a day! (well thats what his/her cough sounds like!) Can be found languishing on my various beds, soaking up the sun, and squishing my veg!! Scarpers when I appear tho.which is good, not sure I fancy a friendly fox :o  I much prefer my friendly lady blackbird, and my robin thanks, they don't have teeth!!
(Just to freak you out EJ, didn't I read a news article that reported that a fox had tried to remove a baby? Or was that my vivid imagination working overtime again!!)  ;D DP
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 19:15:22 »
Oh Foxes you will have no mice or bunny problems,
never heard of a fox running off with a baby but be ware if it is foaming at the mouth get out of there fast.
As long as its healthy you have a buddy so long as it is not a vedgi one. hee hee ;D

shifty581

• Quarter Acre
  • Old digger
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 21:03:55 »
I have a 12 bore shot gun you can borrow E J. Before you say you horrid man, a few years ago, I lost eighteen hens to a fox which got into the pen, through the roof and just destroyed them and left them.  BRING BACK FOX HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Tony Shoo (shifty)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 21:27:52 »
Fear not Shifty, I am with you on that one have a touch of country blood about me, I understand the damage.  I don't mind the fox being around, so long as he doesn't become a nuisance.  He seemed healthy, bit scrawny, but lithe and cheeky.  Problem with the site, it is smallish, and I rarely see another person, god only knows when they all come and do their digging, they steer well clear when I am up there!  :-[

flowerbaby_uk

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 21:28:05 »
thought u could catch somat from foxes may be wrong affect humans one disease and dogs another disease may be wrong if so am glad but take care ej
 :-\

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2004, 21:53:45 »
Yes Flower your right dogs can catch mange not sure it I Have spelt it right a skin condition like mites under the skin.
Difficult to treat wild animals and it can kill a fox a dog can be treated for it.
As for foxhunting dont get me on that subject men that dont respect the fox,dogs, horses or farmers propety, been there and seen it.
Better off with a farmer a terrier and a shotgun the art of clubbing turns my stomach as well.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2004, 23:21:20 »
A quicky foxy update.  I saw the site secretary on Friday and mentioned to her about my new foxy friend and apparently he is a regular on the site, he even suns himself in her conservatory, eats her dogs dinner, and then relieved himself in the middle of her conservatory floor!   :o  My gramps told me not to worry, keep a couple of big stones in my pocket, and if he gets too close for comfort, lob a stone at him and that will encourage him to keep his distance......either that or he will savage me!   :o :o

flowerbaby_uk

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2004, 23:49:01 »
hey ej is sure ur gramps must be right lob a brick and uz be ok only prob is if uz miss then uz got to scowl big time then foxy will really run spesh if uz in a bad mood cos of weeds growing  :o :o

SueT

• Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2004, 23:51:14 »
Aww EJ please don`t bash poor foxy  :'(
Sue

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2004, 23:53:23 »
Don't worry SueT, I wouldn't, believe it or not, I is a nice peep.  ;D

SueT

• Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2004, 23:56:32 »
I`m sure you are EJ, no doubt in my mind  ;D
Sue

flowerbaby_uk

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2004, 00:04:23 »
dont panic am not really a fox basher though must admit they get me real cheesed off sometimes but has been putting human hair down around perimiter of lotties plus fella has to obligingly sprinkle as well round boundary that is, so is not seeing much of foxes at mo but then theys quiet now anyway  but watch this space cos am gonna need more advice if they come back cos will be well annoyed as have lost lots of crops to em running across and digging etc  >:(
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 00:05:03 by flower »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal