Author Topic: Not much gardening going on.  (Read 2109 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Not much gardening going on.
« on: January 15, 2006, 17:27:08 »
6 Guests, 39 Users Users active in past 15 minutes:
ACE, rosebud, Robert_Brenchley, sueparkin, redclanger, Gardenantics, DolphinGarden, CityChick, boris, Hot_Potato, Wicker, adam04, mega, growmore, derbex, grawrc, Admin aka Dan, somerset lad, Jill, kenkew, Glyn, raymee, marjrie, busy_lizzie, doc steve, petemason, keef, georgiesgirl, dotCompost, ani, RobinOfTheHood, lorna, dandelion, flowerlady, Multiveg, Gardengirl, Larkspur, mat, Paulines7

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
Re: Not much gardening going on.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 17:28:42 »
In THIS  weather :-X                    Not on your nelly ;)
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 17:39:35 »
We had a bright day today but bitterly cold.  The soil is still very wet here   but  I think I would have been  very tempted to pop to my lottie if we hadn't had an appointment with the Wedding Planner at the venue for our daughters wedding. I hope if the weather can remain dry this week  I can  some get some lottie work in,  because I am raring to go. It has been too long and I need to work off all that Christmas cake.  :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Whippet

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 17:43:24 »
Our garden is still soaking wet too - and half of it has been brought into the house on dogs feet.
 ::)
You can take me out of Yorkshire - but you can't take Yorkshire out of me

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 17:54:42 »
I have a good excuse i have Bronchitus, so i have to stay indoors and play with my puter HEhehehehehe!! ;D ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 20:14:08 »
Well I had a terrible morning, I went around all the local allotments with a truck full of used flowerpots, modules and seed trays. Only had a few takers, so I left a pile with a note saying help yourself.  I had to take the rest to the tip as I need the truck empty in the morning. I must have dumped over 3,000 pots, but managed to give a few more away to people at the tip. I cannot use them myself as we cannot sterilise them to the correct standard and it is cheaper to buy new.

After the pleas I read on this site for cheap pots it broke my heart, but the postage would have been too much to send them.

Brightened up later when I had to pop into B&Q, they had all their clematis knocked down from £7.99 to one pound, there were five varieties there I haven't got.

spacehopper

• Hectare
  • Its a jungle out there...
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 21:30:29 »
Not able to do much here, going a bit stir crazy...
Make the most of today, because you'll never have it back again.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 22:15:37 »
Well, kitted out in multi layers so that everything tucked in to everything else and there were no gaps, went out into the garden and tackled the old apple tree. After a couple of hours sawing and lopping, was feeling quite toasty. Had a bonfire and got hotter ~ great day ;D

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 22:19:10 »
Still alive, so it was a good day for me too. ;D
Gardening is the great leveller.

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 22:27:18 »
we have been to our lottie on thursday, friday & saturday. Had plans for today but being Wales it was Bl**dy raining again. :(

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 23:21:03 »
ACE - are you surprised we were all online at that time
« on: Today at 17:27:08
would have needed floodlights!!

We did get down to the lottie but ground far too soggy to dig - was annoyed because the few winter caulis that had been left had gone brown in places  >:(  did get some tidying done and repotted tubs of bulbs that had been knocked over and dug over by the foxes - bless them ::)
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 23:31:50 »
Yesterday managed to collect my new (to me) garden bench, which needs a little tlc but lives up to its description - tired but lovely.  Was also given a large wooden planter, which will be handy for my herbs I think.

Today was able to do a couple of hours digging and tried to light a fire, but am rubbish at getting things to burn, put some firelighters in which fizzled and flared for a bit before going out.  OH suggests petrol or something similar ...  :-\

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 00:12:41 »
A blowtorch always works for me

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 08:20:03 »
Spent Sunday afternoon catching up with weeding! (Broke my ankle last September and I'm way behind in the plot.) Looking at sweat pea sowing this week, paper pot making and possibly planting a few cloves of garlic. Still got the greenhouse to sort out. My plastic one at the plot is looking like a torn-up tent so that's another fine mess I'll have to get into.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 20:04:15 »
You picked your moment if you caught me on the site yesterday! I organised the service at my church in the morning, then went to the plot for a couple of hours after lunch. Then I went out again and took an evening service. Then I watched telly for a couple of hours with the wife. The computer had to take a back seat.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal