Author Topic: New website  (Read 2476 times)

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
New website
« on: January 14, 2006, 09:52:01 »
Hi all,

One of the groups involved in the problems lately have set up a new website, so hopefully things round here will become a little more relaxed.

The website address has been passed round by PM (thanks for letting me have it).

Cheers

Dan
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 23:12:31 by Admin aka Dan »

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: New website
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 20:40:58 »
I've just had an invitation Emailed to me; it's intended to be more chatty than this site. Time will tell; loads of boards get started, and so many of them fizzle.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 22:08:00 by Robert_Brenchley »

Vez1

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 20:52:26 »
Obviously I have missed something..although by the sounds of it maybe better I did miss it.

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Ozzy

• read only
  • Acre
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 11:15:21 »
I didnt get an invite LOL  :o :o :o.. I did wonder if another member was setting up their own website etc but thought i was just being a bit paranoid so sed nowt... site looks okays too... and I am minded by a pyschology experiment by sheriff et al (1954) so have found a groovy link to the experiment should anyone wish to read it .... tis goooooooooood stuff and tells us loads about human behaviour..

http://www.age-of-the-sage.org/psychology/social/sherif_robbers_cave_experiment.html

what I found remarkable about this experiment is that once the 2 groups became aware of each others existence they even made their own flags to reinforce the groups identity...

ozzy

:-* :-* :-*

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 11:36:01 »

with your new site L ......... hope it's hassle free :)

my invite must still be in the post ;) ;D
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 11:54:38 »
I'm locking this thread, as a direct competitor to this site, I think the free advert is a little much.

As nearly all members know I have never stopped other websites from advertising on this site, but here is my explanation as to why I have locked this thread, the address will not be removed.

This site costs me time (and money) to run, the advertising revenue last year amounted to less than $20, and the we hosting is $45 a month, the site nearly breaks even due to donations, thanks.

The only reason I run the site is because I enjoy it.

So ...

As I gave up one of my few free Saturdays of the year to upgrade the site to prevent hackers and idiots exploiting vulnerabilities (as ** has hinted he has done), to find out that people are posting rude and disingenuous comments about me and the site on another board (which was advertised freely on A4A) was a little to much.

Hopefully you have read, understood and now understand where I am coming from.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal